This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove subtitles from AVI file

I have an AVI file with subtitles. Is it possible to convert the file from AVI to MP4 and then remove the subtitles?

I've been reviewing the choices in "file to mobile" but not sure how to handle this?

Or is there another way to do this?

Please let me know. Thanks.

If the subtitles are rendered into the video there is no way to remove them other than perhaps cropping them out.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As signals said. the subtitles are most probably rendered direct into the video and cannot be removed without editing the actual video stream which will be painful.

It'd be more cost & time effective to re-rip the original title.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-21-2010, 08:08 PM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

... or you can tape strip of paper to the bottom of a screen and cover subtitles...
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X