This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Mobile Batch

Ok, maybe I'm missing something very obvious... How do I batch multiple items in the queue...

Here is my scenario. I have about 200 movies ripped to my home server with the straight Video_ts folders under each movie name folder. I can currently play these fine on any PCs connected... However, I need to convert them to WMV to play them through my Media Center on my Xboxes. I can convert "1" at a time and that works great, but is taking a bit of time. How can I batch multiple movies to convert with the exact same settings??? I just don't see how to add the second movie after setting up the first. I tried copying several (3) movies to a temp folder and pointing to the temp folder and it was like it didn't see any of them in the subfolders. I'm currently using DVDFab 6.0.4.0...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks...

On the first screen pick the source and when it's finished the scan just select another source. Check the open queue button once in a while to be sure all are in the queue, edit the profile to your liking and go.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the help...

When I select another source, it doesn't change. It keeps the same source and doesn't add anything to the queue... Any other ideas???

Comment

Download and install the current beta and try it. The queue and batch management is different to v6.0.4.0

Comment

Just tried that... Same thing... The only other thing that may make a difference is I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 bit...

Would that matter???

Comment

It shouldn't, but just to make sure, run FAb as "Administrator". Right click on the Fab icon and choose "Run as Administrator"

You must select the "Movie Name" folder not the "VIDEO_TS" folder otherwise Fab will get confused.

Give that a go and get back to us.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well, I wasn't running it as an administrator, but just tried the "Run as Administrator" option with the same results...

Seems like I must be doing something wrong...

Comment

One more thing... Just to make sure... I am using the trial... Wanted to make sure before committing to the purchase... Not sure if that might be the cause...

Comment

NOPE, TRIAL IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!!

I do this all the time. As I am writing this I have 12 titles queued up and encoding.

For examle let's use a couple of Rips as example with the latest version.

Start FAb, DVD to Mobile and select device.
                  Then select the source say C:\Rips\Aliens.
                  Then select the source say C:\Rips\Predator

Then "Open Queue" & you should see two jobs in there that you can further fine-tune.

Have a read of of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. There is more detail there.
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 10-18-2009, 02:16 AM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sounds good to me... Basically, when I select the second folder, then it "flips" back to the first one selected... One I check the queue, still only one item...

Comment

set as defualt

If you go to the zune or xbox under mobile then select your title for the first one under the profile bar at the bottom of the screen where you are setting up your fps audio all that jazz, at the top of that screen next to where it says device there is a set as default button hit it and ok out it will save the settings until you change them again. Thats whats worked for me anyways. oh yeah and after all that you can just add all the movies to the list as you like they will all have the same settings.

Comment

Originally posted by rstieb View Post
                        Sounds good to me... Basically, when I select the second folder, then it "flips" back to the first one selected... One I check the queue, still only one item...
                        Select a new Source and it will be added to the queue. The same Source and title cannot be added twice.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, maybe this will help... Here's a quick screen capture of what I'm doing. Just tell me what I'm not doing to add files to the batch...

Thanks...

Comment

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Internet explorer cannot display this web page.

Comment

Try right clicking on the link and clicking Save As... It's just an AVI file...

Comment

Working...
                              X