This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
    How come i get with certain movies video format not supported yet it is a mkv? Just did the last samurai and i get that error yet i did friday night lights with no problem? Friday night lights had dts hd which i removed and got dts and samurair had 5.1 dolby? I noticed this happen alot with the dolby? Is it becaus i have to merge subs if i want them with mkv merge? I thought this program was supposed to be asy. Select remux and go.
    That would mean that BD+ for that Blu-ray is not supported yet I think but need someone else to verify

Comment

it will work if i make a blue ray with just main movie but i like to put them on a portable hd and play them through my bray player.

Comment

Then what gives you that message DVDFab or your Blu-ray player

Comment

blu ray player

Comment

blu ray player
            Then it not a DVDFab issue but rather the Blu-ray player not supporting the finished mkv. Check what the mkv that work have that are different than the ones that not work to see what can be changed to get them to play

Comment

maybe google BDinfo download and install and use it to scan one of the original Blu-ray that you have this problem with and paste the results to this thread. You will need DVDFab Passkey to use this programs as it not work correctly with copy-protected discs

Comment

It's nothing to do with the program. It is all to do with your player.

I honestly suggest that you do quite a bit more research on what formats/specs your player will actually support and be absolutely rutheless on adhering to those specs with Fab.

You need to put in the hard yards yorself, first understanding what is required and then adhering to that.

This subject is dragging on and to be quite honest, is more suited to a forum that pertains to your player, not the Fab forum.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The output is mkv and player plays it, it's just funny using the mkv option and some movies work and some don't.

Comment

If you just use remux then the player may not recognise the original encoding of the disk used played as a MKV but plays it fine as a normal BR.

As I said, you really need to do more research on the limitations of your player.

I personally would establish a standard that worked and then encode my titles to that. For example, generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy using a bitrate & resolution that I was happy with and always choosing the DD5.1 sound track.

Manufacturers are noted for placing inhibitions on what their players will play back when not in the original disk format, either purposely as in the case of Sony or unintentionally through lack of understanding.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The output is mkv and player plays it, it's just funny using the mkv option and some movies work and some don't.
                      hanibal,
                      As you know, MKV is a container - an enclosure with overhead. You can put inside of this container almost any content that suits container's specs.
                      In order to produce output from MKV container, your player should:
                      (a) support container, i.e. recognize container's overhead and it's directives, and
                      (b) support content, have codecs and so on.
                      So, if your player supports mkv, but don't have appropriate codec for content, you will have nothing in output

Oops GregiBoy, didn't see you... getting older and losing sharpness
                      And yes, you're right again...
                      Last edited by IPopov50; 08-30-2010, 08:06 PM.
                      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

3/4 movies played correctly. The only one that gave me the video format is not supported is the last samurai.? Did'nt change a thing but one did not work.

Comment

As you have been told many, many times before, download and use BDInfo & MediaInfo to try to see what the different resultant files contain.

If you don't do that, IPopov may give you a huh and a kiss but that won't help!!

Comment

Working...
                          X