This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper v7506 beta conversion speed

After my first test on the DVD to Mobil (PSP) I can sure tell that the conversion engine has been rewritten cause it is much slower on the conversion, however I'm sure it is this way to correct A/V sync issues.

example of slower conversion...

Using same movie title converting from HDD using v7090 get a 115 fps and with v7506 only get 85 fps, which to me is really no big deal cause I've never been one to be in a hurry

Just my .02 cents and findings

SJ,

If you are doing 2 pass now, the rate is calculated differently. The two tasks have been combined and the fps is effectively halved.

That said, I have also noticed a significant drop in speed.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The new A/V sync engine need do more work, we will try to improve speed after features are stable.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        SJ,

If you are doing 2 pass now, the rate is calculated differently. The two tasks have been combined and the fps is effectively halved.

That said, I have also noticed a significant drop in speed.
        Yo GregiBoy

Now you know I'm not new to this and its not necessary to go into detail how things work in the program, my testing is always done with the same settings.

SJ

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
          The new A/V sync engine need do more work, we will try to improve speed after features are stable.
          Thank you Fengtao for the great improvements

Comment

If you are using software+CUDA for encoding, try using software only.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              If you are using software+CUDA for encoding, try using software only.
              Not necessary I never have problems the program even when others do, was just reporting my finding

Oh and I don't think changing settings from versions to versions should be necessary just to achieve the same results, as stated by Fengtao the conversion speed will improve

Comment

Working...
              X