Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD to AVI - not working - keeps crashing - Please Help!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to AVI - not working - keeps crashing - Please Help!!!

I have all my old home movies on dvd and i want to rip them to my computer as avi files. The 'dvd to mobile' section should do this but it doesnt seem to be reading it at all???
    The dvd is fine and can be viewed on the computer, but the files dont show up in 'dvd to avi'. When i tried going 'file to mobile' and chose my dvd drive as the file to read from, the files DO show up, and i was able to hit next and the process starts, but then the whole thing crashes.

anyone know wtf is going on and how i can get my dvd's to avi???

This should work depending on how the DVDs were authored. Does the disc have standard DVD-Video structure (VIDEO_TS folder with IFO, BUP and VOB files inside)? Try putting DVDFab in DVD to DVD Customize mode and see if it will read and analyze the disc. If it does, copy the files to a folder on your HDD, then run the AVI conversion from that folder as a Source in DVD to Mobile. You might also try disabling PathPlayer in Common Settings.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" in the Knowledgebase area of the forum.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

disabling pathplayer worked and it was reading the files finally - but the audio is not working now???

Comment

audio not working at all!

thanbks for the help - the knowledge base area was very useful, -but unfortunately doesnt solve the problem of my audio not working - when i play the avi the visual works fine but the audio sounds like bad reception mobile in ultra slow motion.. u know that deep slowing down record sound? but with crackling and going in and out???
          cant find anyone else on the forum whose had this issue??

can anyone offer any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by roxychina View Post
            thanbks for the help - the knowledge base area was very useful, -but unfortunately doesnt solve the problem of my audio not working - when i play the avi the visual works fine but the audio sounds like bad reception mobile in ultra slow motion.. u know that deep slowing down record sound? but with crackling and going in and out???
            cant find anyone else on the forum whose had this issue??

can anyone offer any advice?
            hi,

I am not very understand your problem, sorry for my poor English reading ability.

the current problem in the avi file which has been converted by DVDFab ?
            the avi file's audio play is not correct or other problem ?
            which profile is your using, and this problem happened in all your DVD or just one or some special DVD ?

please give me more information about this.

thanks.

Comment

sound problems

sound works on dvd but does not work when it becomes avi.

it is a burned dvd containing my home movies.
              When i preview it the sound works so not sure whats wrong?

Comment

roxychina
                What type of audio stream is on the DVD (DVDFab will show this in the audio select window for Customize, Main Movie)?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As signals said, what sort of audio stream is it and what software are you using to play it? Also, what EXACT profile are you using?

It is most probably and audio codec that you do not have installed on your machine. I suggest that you download VLC player which does not rely on codecs being installed and give it a go.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

in the audio section is says 'undefined MPEG 1/2'
                    and I am playing it on EM total video player - which i've not had trouble with b4.

Comment

As has been said many times before, download VLC player and try that.

Comment

vlc

do u have a link to legit download of VLC - when i downloaded it it wouldnt play my file at all, and slowed/froze my whole computer everytime i tried?

i tried downloading from 2 different sites and niether version worked.

Comment

Here is a link to their website to download it http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Comment

I am getting exactly the same issue on DVD's that I have recorded. The sound is fine in all media players (including vlc) and is also fine within DVDFab using the preview title option. Other DVD's are fine, it is just the DVD's that I have recorded. It is as if the "undefined mpeg1/2" is not being recognised correctly by DVDFab.
                            Last edited by lowtra2; 11-28-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I have tested this by taking a small (30 second) recording from TV onto DVD, then copying the VIDEO_TS folder to my PC (because DVDFab doesn't seem to pick it up directly from the DVD). Once copied, I use the ARCHOS 605 profile (DVD to Mobile) to create an .avi file, which illustrates the problem.

I would happily supply the files I used to the DVDFab development team. My test VIDEO_TS folder is around 18mb and the resultant .avi is around 8mb.

Comment

Working...
                              X