Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Is DVD2Mobile Name Output Suppose To Work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Is DVD2Mobile Name Output Suppose To Work?

Go to options and select X To Mobile >> Output

In Name output file based on pattern select "File source".

Click ok.

Now try dvd2mobile the file name is still based on volume. If you back to settings it is back to DVD Source.

This is incredibly simple so what I am doing wrong? I have tried this on several releases including 6.1.1.8. How do you get the setting to stick?

The "File Source" option is for "File to Mobile".
    The "DVD Source" option is for "DVD to mobile".
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I would like to use the source file name as the target file name for DVD2Mobile file name. Is that possible? I could rerip the DVD and make the volume name the same as the source file name but I have many of these and it would be a pain. This should be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
        I would like to use the source file name as the target file name for DVD2Mobile file name. Is that possible? I could rerip the DVD and make the volume name the same as the source file name but I have many of these and it would be a pain. This should be an option.
        Volume name is one of the allowed output name components for DVD to Mobile. File name is allowed for file-type sources such as you would have in File to Mobile. How could you use a file name in DVD to Mobile? The files would all be named VTS_0x_x.VOB. ??
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Nope.... If you select the top folder which should be named like eg: "Terminator", the File created will be "Terminator.Title1.avi" etc, etc
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

"Terminator" is the Volume name, which I think is the point we were both trying to make. The file names in a VIDEO_TS folder would be nonsense to use as output file names.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am thinking of several cases where I would like to use the filename.

1. On an ISO file. I have a DVD recorder and it initializes all DVDs volume names with "SAMSUNG DVD RECORDER". Now when I rip the DVD to an ISO I need to put in the program I recorded as Volume name. I sometimes get confused on which program is on which DVD. I would prefer to simply change the ISO name after the rip and have DVDFab use that instead.

2. Some Movie volume names make no sense to me. I would prefer to simply change the name of the ISO. I know I can change the volume prior to the rip but sometimes I forget. Rather than rerip changing the top level directory name or the ISO name is preferred. BTW, I always rip to ISOs.

3. Using Batch DVD fab creates the directory name something like this.
              <target path>/<profile type>/<volume name>/<volume name>.avi. I have not figured out how to get the volume name of an iso under program control. My batch script requires the iso name and volume name to be the same. If DVDFab used the iso name then the batch program would know exactly where the target file is without knowing the volume name.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                "Terminator" is the Volume name, which I think is the point we were both trying to make. The file names in a VIDEO_TS folder would be nonsense to use as output file names.
                I guess if you save all the rips as directories rather than ISOs it does not matter. You can change the top level directory name at any time and the new mobile file will have the same name as the top level directory.

I save everything as ISOs. There is no easy to change the volume name that I know of. I have not found a way to do it using a program. This is why I would like DVDFab to allow the use of the ISO file name.

Comment

I almost never make ISOs. They are generally harder to play/edit/modify, are larger than the folder type output, take longer to produce and are of no great virtue unless you are going to burn them to disc. But for anyone that uses them a great deal I can see why having the filename would be handy and a preferred option. You should make a thread for this in the Feature Request forum.

Comment

If you ripped to folders instead of ripping to ISO, you can rename the top level directory to the volume name that you want and Fab then uses this name in generating the mobile filename.

Comment

Working...
                    X