X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Proflie Help for Samsung Galaxy S

Hi All,

I've recently had to change my mobile phone and have gone with a Samsung Galaxy S.

Can someone, please help me with the 'best' settings to convert from DVD to this phone ?

The tech specs are below and it does have a large screen --- if someone could help me I'd be grateful.

HD Video Player & Recorder (1280 x 720) @ 30fps codec: DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, VC-1 format: 3gp(mp4), AVI(divx), MKV, FLV, H.263Sorenson

Tkx,

Asbac

Hi Asbac
    I think I would try the generic MP4 (h264+AAC) first. In DVD to Mobile you will need to set the resolution manually on the Video Effect page to get one that large. Blu-ray to Mobile has that size built in. The phone may automatically scale anything that is the right aspect ratio to full screen, so you could try something smaller also for smaller files and quicker conversions. The bitrate will probably matter too, but it will probably stand anything DVDFab can produce, at least in DVD to Mobile. If you will report what works well, we can make a custom profile for your phone.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Many Thanks Signals,

Yes that made sense and I was looking as some of those "h264" settings.

I had not realised the "Video Effects" button allowed the resolution, so that's very handy and something new for me -- thx again for the lesson there.

I'll let you know how I get on.

All the best,

Asbac

Comment

You are welcome. We must thank Ting for that handy feature, it has saved me having to make new profiles for several devices. Please followup with your results on the Samsung.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals (and Ting),

@ Signals, I basically followed your suggestion in the previous post on this thread.

Went with Generic and then MP4.aac.h264 profile.

From there I changes the Frames Per Second (fps), to 30 and the resolution via the Video Effect to 1280 x 720 (tkx Ting) and that was it !!

Job done output was excellent, albeit it did take a long time +5 hours to convert. This for me what not a real issue other than it takes time and max's the CPU.

One other thing which I changed, was that I increased the volume on the output to 200% --- from a previous mobile conversion to a different device I found it lost some of the volume and again think (or at least for me), believe this worked well.

All in all -- it was the profile you suggested with 30fps & 1280 x 720 --- volume is a preference.

Many Thanks and hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Asbac

btw --- off topic but an loving the Galaxy S as a mobile/cell phone :-)

Comment

Sounds like a great phone, glad it worked. See how it looks with a lower framerate, it will convert a little faster and the files will be a little smaller.

Comment

Sure thing and will let you know -- I'm more than happy with results just the speed to convert and as you say a lower frame rate may help.

If this is marginal I'll stick with what I have.

Again thanks.

Asbac

Comment

Working...
              X