This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Aspect Ratio

When I convert a Blu-Ray to PS3, with the output set to 1920x1080p I lose some of the screen size. The original Blu-ray image has black bars on the top and bottom of the screen and they are in the MP4 output when played back with quicktime, but when streamed to my PS3 the image is zoomed in. I tried the ps3 green triangle zooming but the only option is original. Anyone have any ideas as how to fix it to get the full image?

Are you saying the PS3 is chopping off the left and right edges and filling the screen with the picture (no black bars top or bottom)?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, I am assuming this is a PS3 issue but I wanted to see if anyone had come across this before.

Comment

It does sound like a player setting thing, but I don't have a PS3. Just wanted to clarify what you were seeing so others could respond better.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You might also want to check your TV. Many new TVs default to the old overscan instead of dot-by-dot because they sell better when people on the screen are slightly bigger.

The other possibility is that you have the PS3 in zoom mode instead of normal. Use the triangle button during playback to change this.

Comment

After reading another thread and prior to posting, I tried the screen mode options on the PS3 but there is only "normal".

Comment

Working...
            X