X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitles for Avatar

Hi guys,

Something strange seems to be going on. I can't seem to get the BD Ripper to include forced subtitles burned into the video for Avatar. I was able to do this during the trial period using the same software version I'm using now 7.0.9.3.

Basically, I'm using the mkv.h264.audiocopy profile and I have subpicture set to direct render. I selected the english subtitle track and selected only forced subtitles.

The end result is I get no subtitles. I'm not quite sure what's going on but even when I play it back in the preview window with these settings no subtitles show up.

Any suggestions or tips would be welcome.

Thanks.

This feature is broken for both DVD and BD Rippers, but the normal "broken" result is that you get all subtitles. It has been reported to Team Beijing, I'm sure they will have a fix for us soon. There have been intermittent problems with this feature since at least v7.5.x.x and I think before.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I see, so there's nothing that I'm actually doing wrong.

Thanks, I guess I'll wait for an update. BTW, if I don't burn them in and instead extract them to an IDX/Sub file it works. But, then I have to remember to turn on the subtitles.
      Last edited by EVT; 08-29-2010, 01:28 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

CORRECTION:

I just tried Avatar with v8.0.0.5 and it works fine. Used the generic MP4 (h264+AAC) profile. I will try one of the MKV but it should not make any difference. The steps you described should give perfect results.

//EDIT// MKV+audiocopy profile works fine too. This is the Region A Avatar, ripping only chapter 12. CUDA decode, software encode. Double check your settings.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          CORRECTION:

I just tried Avatar with v8.0.0.5 and it works fine. Used the generic MP4 (h264+AAC) profile. I will try one of the MKV but it should not make any difference. The steps you described should give perfect results.

//EDIT// MKV+audiocopy profile works fine too. This is the Region A Avatar, ripping only chapter 12. CUDA decode, software encode. Double check your settings.
          Thanks for the tip, 8.0.0.5 seems to have done the trick. I hadn't moved to 8.0.0.5 as I figured I'd wait for some of the bugs to be worked out.

Comment

Working...
          X