Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV with PGS subtitles

Hi guys,

Is there anyway to rip a blu-ray to an MKV with PGS subtitles instead of IDX/SUB. This isn't an issue for compressed MKV's but it is for those that are remuxed as the player I'm looking to get in the next month (DUNE) doesn't seem to support 1080p IDX/SUB but does support PGS.

By the way, is my understanding correct that DVD Fab is creating 1080p IDX/SUB subtitles or are they actually 480p?

As of now (I hope it will change in a future, as DVDFab developes) you have to convert subs outside and remux them back. SubtitleWorkshop is a good app for subs and MKVmerge is good app for remuxing MKVs. Both are freeware.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      As of now (I hope it will change in a future, as DVDFab developes) you have to convert subs outside and remux them back. SubtitleWorkshop is a good app for subs and MKVmerge is good app for remuxing MKVs. Both are freeware.
      Thanks, hopefully we will see this in a future update.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        By the way, do you know if DVD Fab outputs IDX/SUB subtitles in 480p or 1080p?

Comment

hi,

There are any player support PGC subtitles in MKV ?

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
            hi,

There are any player support PGC subtitles in MKV ?
            I believe there are quite a few now including the Dune line of players which are quickly becoming recognized among Home Theater enthusiasts as the most stable media player for blu-ray rips.

Comment

On the other hand, if the Fab team can get the option to have forced subtitles directly rendered into the video working reliably for my purposes I wouldn't need any other subtitles PGS, IDX, SUB or otherwise.

Comment

Have you tried the feature in v8.0.0.5? It worked perfectly for a test I made of Avatar from my original disc.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Have you tried the feature in v8.0.0.5? It worked perfectly for a test I made of Avatar from my original disc.
                  It worked great for Avatar for me as well, and it also worked great for 2012. However, Angels & Demons and Apocalypto do not work well. I also believe it has nothing to do with the rendering option but rather it is something in the way that DVD Fab processes the subtitles that's the problem as even when I selected external IDX/SUB subtitles the end result when I turned them on was the same so I think DVD Fab is accidentally not turning the subtitles off after the relevant dialog exchange is completed irrespective of whether you select burning it into the video or external subtitles.

Anyway, I hope this get's worked out soon as it is getting to be a bit of a nuissance.

Comment

BTW, I don't know if this helps but I figured I'd report that I also had a positive experience with all three Godfather films and Gran Torino. I used 7.0.9.3. for all four of those so I can't comment on whether they would work with 8.0.0.5. Having said that, Apocalypto and Angels & Demons don't work with either of those two versions.

As such, it looks like there must be some title specific issues that DVD Fab has to be coded to handle.

Comment

Working...
                    X