This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Angels and demons subtitles not working

I cannot get the forced subtitles on angels and demons blu Ray region a to work correctly.

About the first half of the movie, the forced subtitles work... But after that, it leaves the subtitle up on the screen for a long, long time until the next forced subtitle comes up.

Had the same issue a while ago with hunt for red October but it started working after an update a few months ago.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Originally posted by stewie7669 View Post
    I cannot get the forced subtitles on angels and demons blu Ray region a to work correctly.

About the first half of the movie, the forced subtitles work... But after that, it leaves the subtitle up on the screen for a long, long time until the next forced subtitle comes up.

Had the same issue a while ago with hunt for red October but it started working after an update a few months ago.

Any help would be very appreciated.
    What are you doing for this movie?

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      What are you doing for this movie?

by
      signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
      The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
      If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
      Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
      Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
      If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
      If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
      SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
      SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
      SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
      DVDFab VERSION:
      DVDFab PROFILE:
      OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
      OUTPUT CROP:
      OUTPUT BITRATE:
      OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
      SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
      SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
      SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
      SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
      DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
      DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
      OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
      OUTPUT CROP: Auto
      OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
      OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

I also experienced the same problem with Angels & Demons. Below is teh log:

194m 25.16s: detected blu-ray
      194m 25.24s: drive L
      194m 25.24s: blu-ray type 1
      194m 25.24s: volume label ANGELS_AND_DEMONS
      194m 50.71s: root 8CBD87C5EE0E9093_VOLUME_SET_ID:ANGELS_AND_DEMONS:A NGELS_AND_DEMONS:ANGELS_AND_DEMONS
      194m 54.44s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
      194m 56.01s: got discinfo
      194m 56.23s: got bdmv
      194m 56.30s: got agid
      194m 56.58s: sent host cert chal
      194m 57.01s: got drive cert chal
      194m 57.43s: got drive key
      194m 57.45s: got host key signature
      194m 57.98s: verified drive signature
      194m 57.98s: verified host signature
      194m 58.71s: sent host signature and key point
      194m 58.71s: got bus key
      194m 58.76s: got volume id
      194m 58.76s: got volume id mac
      194m 58.78s: volume id is correct
      194m 58.78s: got vid
      194m 58.85s: blu-ray E95A7DE62CB4566945E7B5B6C301887646E54E1C
      194m 59.26s: got vuk
      194m 59.34s: got unit key 4
      195m 14.41s: got extended bdinfo
      220m 01.74s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

220m 01.75s: create config(5)
      220m 01.75s: convert profile(mkv.h264.audiocopy)
      220m 01.75s: blu-ray playlist(2) angle(0) chapter(1->16)
      220m 01.75s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,2) stream(4608,PGS,4)
      220m 01.77s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
      220m 01.78s: processing source(00505.m2ts)
      220m 01.78s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
      220m 01.78s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
      220m 02.87s: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(51) bitrate(11511)
      220m 04.90s: subpicture(4608) mode(0)
      220m 04.90s: connect to sub render filter
      226m 18.57s: processing source(00507.m2ts)
      227m 41.89s: processing source(00510.m2ts)
      228m 34.90s: processing source(00511.m2ts)
      230m 20.84s: processing source(00513.m2ts)
      232m 33.83s: processing source(00514.m2ts)
      243m 31.19s: processing source(00516.m2ts)
      244m 38.66s: processing source(00517.m2ts)
      244m 55.88s: processing source(00519.m2ts)
      245m 47.10s: processing source(00520.m2ts)
      254m 01.92s: processing source(00522.m2ts)
      255m 16.16s: processing source(00523.m2ts)
      256m 24.88s: processing source(00525.m2ts)
      256m 53.08s: processing source(00526.m2ts)
      267m 25.21s: processing source(00528.m2ts)
      274m 19.27s: processing source(00531.m2ts)
      274m 59.05s: processing source(00532.m2ts)
      275m 54.77s: processing source(00534.m2ts)
      276m 47.18s: processing source(00535.m2ts)
      278m 15.47s: processing source(00537.m2ts)
      279m 00.40s: processing source(00538.m2ts)
      279m 53.92s: processing source(00540.m2ts)
      280m 52.46s: processing source(00543.m2ts)
      281m 31.99s: processing source(00546.m2ts)
      284m 36.16s: processing source(00549.m2ts)
      287m 41.32s: processing source(00550.m2ts)
      295m 17.43s: processing source(00552.m2ts)
      296m 09.91s: processing source(00553.m2ts)
      299m 20.75s: processing source(00555.m2ts)
      300m 03.59s: processing source(00556.m2ts)
      314m 20.55s: processing source(00558.m2ts)
      314m 46.63s: processing source(00559.m2ts)
      322m 03.53s:

I'm using 8.0.0.5, and below are some details as you requested:

Essentially, the problem is that part way through the movie a particular subtitle gets stuck to the on position (without any dialogue exchange) until a follow up subtitle is necessary. In other words something like (hello) would stay on the screen for 20 minutes consistently.

I experienced this problem with 2 of 4 movies I tried to burn in subtitles, the movies I tried and the result were as follows:

1) Avatar (works fine)
      2) 2012 (works fine)
      3) Apocalypto (doesn't work properly)
      4) Angels & Demons (doesn't work properly)

In all cases I'm using blu-ray ripper with the mkv + audiocopy setting. I select just the main soundtrack and subtitle track that contains forced subtitles making sure to tick the forced subtitles box. Then I go into edit and I set it for fixed file size. I select a file size that will give me an average bitrate of 11.5mbps and I also make sure that the option to render subtitles is engaged.

I used the same settings for all 4 of these movies.

The details of my computer are:

i7-920
      GTX260 1.8GB
      9GB Ram
      Windows 7 64 bit

Anyway I hope this information assists you in identifying the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by EVT View Post

In all cases I'm using blu-ray ripper with the mkv + audiocopy setting. I select just the main soundtrack and subtitle track that contains forced subtitles making sure to tick the forced subtitles box.
        Do not select any subtitle as you need to remove all ticks from subtitle tracks and then select show only forced subtitles

Comment

Do not select any subtitle as you need to remove all ticks from subtitle tracks and then select show only forced subtitles
          That's not possible, if you untick all subtitles (in 8.0.0.5. at least) you cannot select show only forced subtitles, the option is greyed out. You have to pick a subtitle track to then tick forced subtitles.
          Last edited by EVT; 08-30-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EVT View Post
            That's not possible, if you untick all subtitles (in 8.0.0.5. at least) you cannot select show only forced subtitles, the option is greyed out. You have to pick a subtitle track to then tick forced subtitles.
            try with all unticked to see if get the forced subs then. As I remember fengtao saying something about they being rendered in automatically but that if I remember correctly was for Blu-ray Copy. It just might work for the BD Ripper as well.

Comment

try with all unticked to see if get the forced subs then. As I remember fengtao saying something about they being rendered in automatically but that if I remember correctly was for Blu-ray Copy. It just might work for the BD Ripper as well.
              I'll give it a shot. In any event, I get the same result on Angels & Demons using 7.0.9.3. it screws up at exactly the same point.
              Last edited by EVT; 08-30-2010, 12:51 PM. Reason: add detail.

Comment

There are some issues with forced subs in 8.0.0.5 for both DVD and BD Ripper with some content. It is being addressed.

Re: Apocalypto
                I do not have the BD of this but the DVD does not use forced subs, they are displayed by a menu default.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  There are some issues with forced subs in 8.0.0.5 for both DVD and BD Ripper with some content. It is being addressed.

Re: Apocalypto
                  I do not have the BD of this but the DVD does not use forced subs, they are displayed by a menu default.
                  You're correct about Apocalypto, I didn't set the force flag i just selected the subtitle track (track 1) and selected the render option but I ended up with the same problem using 8.0.0.5. I'm going to give Apocalypto a shot with 7.0.9.3. as I had success with all three Godfather films and Gran Torino all of which are much the same as Apocalypto in that subtitles are not embedded within a track that contains other subtitles they are in their own separate track. It's just in Apocalypto's case the whole movie is subtitled.

In any case it didn't work with 8.0.0.5.

I don't know but I'm starting to get sick of this trial and error process; DVD Fab 8.0.0.5 worked with Avatar and 2012 but doesn't with Angels & Demons and Apocalypto. It's funny the main reason I bought DVD Fab was for the speed but it seems that if the bugs aren't worked out the free software I was using to accomplish similar results might not be much slower after all when you take into account repeated attempts to accomplish the same task.

Comment

BTW,

I installed 7.0.5.3. and tried Angels & Demons, I burnt the subtitles into the video and I didn't have an issue with sticking subtitles, unfortunately, with 7.0.5.3. it looks like it didn't properly synchronize the subtitles to the audio/video as they seemed to be ahead by a couple of seconds at the halfway mark of the movie. I guess I'll quit experimenting and wait for a new version of 8 to come out.

Comment

Working...
                    X