This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 4 hrs normal time?

I tried searching and could not find an answer, maybe I missed it but here is my question:

It takes 3-4 HOURS to do a DVD to mobile rip (using Xbox setting), is this normal? I keep reading peoples talking about an hour or so....what am I doing wrong?

I am using 6.0.7.0
    I have a HP Laptop with Pentium Dual Core T4200 chip @2.00GHz, 32 bit OS, 4.00GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am averaging 9 or 10 FPS encoding.
    Last edited by kevinsmithfan; 10-23-2009, 02:27 PM.

That is slow, even for the WMV+WMA Xbox profile, which is much slower than most others anyway. I don't have an Xbox, but I think they support playback of some flavor of AVI (or other) files also. Read up on that and try one of the Generic profiles that makes a file it will read. Should be much faster. Maybe an Xbox user will see this and offer some more specific advice.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had tried the generic and WMV but the PQ is soo bad compared to the default xbox settings.

I have been reluctant to play around too much because of the amount of time needed to encode and then if the PQ is bad.....

Comment

Originally posted by kevinsmithfan View Post
        I had tried the generic and WMV but the PQ is soo bad compared to the default xbox settings.

I have been reluctant to play around too much because of the amount of time needed to encode and then if the PQ is bad.....
        The AVI profiles run much faster. You can convert only one or two chapters at a time for tests using the Title Start/End Settings button.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

T4200 isn't exactly the fastest CPU out there... I've got a E6750 (OC'd to 3Ghz) and I'll get about a 1:1 ratio (movie time:conversion time) with semi-high bitrate settings and the best bits per pixel setting...

The T* series are basically just 2 P4's on a single chip if i'm not mistaken... MUCH slower than the Core 2 series and later... I've got a 3 GHz P4 (single core), takes longer that 3-4 hrs...

I'll bet that this is just a hardware issue... But maybe someone else with a similar system can confirm...

Comment

"Multimedia

The Xbox 360 supports videos in Windows Media Video (WMV) format (including high-definition and PlaysForSure videos), as well as H.264 and MPEG-4 media. The December 2007 dashboard update added support for the playback of MPEG-4 ASP format videos."

Based on this info the generic mp4.h264.aac should work on the Xbox? I don't have one to test but if it does it's a lot faster and the quality will be a lot better as well. If not test the ZUNE h264 profile, by all reports ZUNE video works on the Xbox and the profile can be tweaked to a higher frame resolution.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              "Multimedia

The Xbox 360 supports videos in Windows Media Video (WMV) format (including high-definition and PlaysForSure videos), as well as H.264 and MPEG-4 media. The December 2007 dashboard update added support for the playback of MPEG-4 ASP format videos."

Based on this info the generic mp4.h264.aac should work on the Xbox? I don't have one to test but if it does it's a lot faster and the quality will be a lot better as well. If not test the ZUNE h264 profile, by all reports ZUNE video works on the Xbox and the profile can be tweaked to a higher frame resolution.

Depends on if you want 5.1 audio or not...

Only WMV and AVI support 5.1 (WMA9 and Dolby Digital respectively)

In my testing WMV produces higher quality/smaller file size - but I haven't messed around with the AVI profiles too much yet...

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...aybackfaq.aspx

Comment

Thanks! The AVI method is working great. It does the movie in about 45 min and the PQ is really good. The only movie with any trouble so far is Transformers 2.....audio about 5 seconds out of sync other than that no problems. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X