Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Issues with 8.0.0.5

Since upgrading I'm seeing the following:

1. Generic profile (default h.264/aac) now unusable. Will run at <5fps ripping from iso image. Can change default to another format and the same issue occurs.
    2. Select mp4 profile (h.264/aac). Rip from iso image runs OK but resulting file is badly encoded, animation/motion and panning are jerky.

I rip mostly children's movies as mp4 at 2500kbps fixed, 2 pass, 128k aac stereo for high quality playback on an xbox 360. I have an i7 920 with a low rent gfx card so CUDA is off.

Thankfully 7 still works fine so I have re-encoded with that version and all is good. Am I missing a setting in 8 or is this just an early version that needs some dev?

There were lots of changes internally to DVDFab beginning with v.7.5.xx. I can't duplicate the h264+AAC problem, but that does not mean it is not real in some system environments. These types of things do require some fine tuning. Watch for an update in the next couple of days, hopefully it will solve some of what you are seeing.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

On to the issue. Have you tried to use 1-pass? I have have had better success with a 1-pass attempt vs. 2. Not perfect, audio out of sync, but better than 2-pass which yields not only the audio out of sync issue but pixelization during playback. My understanding, since April mind you, is that it's being worked on. Correct, other alternatives exist but like you think Fab is an expensive product that currently operates like a pretender...
      Last edited by AGJ; 09-04-2010, 03:31 AM. Reason: Remove pot stirring comment and quote from deleted post

Comment

Looks like we're a few versions on so time to try again. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X