Problem with converting for ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Problem with converting for ipad

I keep producing distorted movies when viewed on my iPad. Images are too narrow (ie skinny) on playback.
    Typically I use Dvdfab to burn disc to hard drive. Then produce either DVD copy (which comes out fine) or convert to iPad. I use the default settings and simply choose convert to iPad with no changes in format or settings.

Any suggestions

Thanks
    Chuck

I am moving your post to the correct forum so that more users will see it. The default settings should produce good results. You may need to turn on cropping. Your problem may also indicate that your setting for screen resolution does not match the aspect ratio of the content.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals - the problem seems to be when you select the "ipad" ripper option, all the profile editing stuff is disabled - so no access to crop, scale resolution settings. I guess the OP is saying there is a problem with the supplied IPAD internal profile (and no "user" way to fiddle with it except hassle the developers)

@chuckaug - rather than the predefined Ipad setting, perhaps use the generic ripper mode and then you can play with the format, resolution, sizes, cropping etc.

good luck!
      Jen

Comment

@Iffer.

The default settings do not work and there are many other posts on the subject on the forum.

I cannot ger a reasonable result from any convert that I do to iPad, all have "Juddery" video, either for BR or DVD.

Let's not go on anymore about this "Anamorphic" crap which is well above the understanding of the normal user alhough I DO know what you are talking about and you CAN set this flag with OTHER software.

BTW: I have allowed you to send me PM's, lucky girl !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

ah - so someone should have just told chuckaug it doesn't work yet...

and hey - anamorphic ratios is my best hope for a sexy figure
          Jen

Comment

I reckon for the years that I've known ya babe, you would be HOTTT!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X