Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.0.5 - Cropping Error

Hi guys,

I'm getting a weird cropping error in 8.0.0.5. Instead of cropping the picture, FAB seems to be squashing it, as shown in the screenshots below...

This is a Region 2 (UK) DVD of Superman. Attempting to rip to H.264 + Audiocopy.

I've gone back to 7.0.9.3 and the cropping is working fine.

Pete

just add a custom resolution that matches the original (as given in the bottom left info box - in this case 1024x576). Should fix the squashing anyway.

Good luck!
    Jennifer

Comment

I could do that, but that defeats the object of cropping the picture in the first place. I'll still be left with the black bars top and bottom.

As I said, it crops perfectly in 7.0.9.3, so I guess this is a bug(?) introduced in v8.

Pete

Comment

It's one of many bugs introduced with V8, see here
        http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7635
        Reading the forum it seems that the V7 A/V out of sync problem has been fixed, but other functions that worked well in V7 are broken now. Let's hope for a quick update (or stay at V7 for the time being).

Comment

This actually started in v7.5.x.x, so stay below that to avoid it. It is a known issue and will be fixed soon hopefully.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll stick with 7.0.9.3 until told otherwise.

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X