Revert to 7.0.7.0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Revert to 7.0.7.0 ?

Just updated to 8.0.0.5. and finding converting my previously ripped ISO files to Apple TV .264 format results in unwatchable, jerky video. The ISO files play back perfectly in XBMC on my PC but I now want to convert them so I can use Apple TV's throughout the house and also import them to my iPhone. Seems like this is a common problem for people running 8.0.0.5.

Anyone come across a fix for this or know if it will be adressed anytime soon?

I have a previous version (7.0.7.0) still installed and managed to convert one ISO file to Apple TV which played perfectly well. Since then, however, when I launch the program I get the message that 'The Apple TV feature is available in DVD to Mobile' and a link to the website. I guess there's no way to use my registration for the current version to use the one that actually works!?

The keys for v7 and v8 are the same. Does the About screen for v8 show that you are registered(shows an expiration date or says Never Expire) and that DVD Ripper is Enabled?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes. I'm registered until 2012 and DVD Ripper is enabled. But when I launch v7 DVD to Mobile is not enabled. When I input my new key and click register the 'thankyou' dialog box appears and when I close the program it restarts automatically. But nothing changes and DVD to Mobile still won't work.

Comment

Try this: uninstall both v7 and v8 using their uninstallers. Reinstall v7 and register it with your new key. Reboot your PC, then reinstall v8. Both should be registered for all your options. Don't forget to run the installer As Administrator using Run As... from the file context menu.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks! Headache over.

Comment

Excellent, glad it worked.

Comment

Where do I get an older version?

Hi, I am presently running version 8 and would like to revert back to version 7. I am having crash problems with version 8.

Unfortunately, I uninstalled version 7. Is it available for downloading again?

Comment

Try http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by TimT View Post
                  Hi, I am presently running version 8 and would like to revert back to version 7. I am having crash problems with version 8.

Unfortunately, I uninstalled version 7. Is it available for downloading again?
                  Maybe go to common settings of DVDFab and for A/V Codec set it all to software to see if that helps with the crash

Comment

Working...
                  X