8009 - Cropping Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8009 - Cropping Problem

I've mentioned this before but attached are examples of the inaccurate cropping in 8.0.0.9 compared to 7.0.9.3. This is very typical of how 8.0.0.9 compares to 7.0.9.3 - i.e. it leaves black bars all around the image.

Also, even worse, you can see (I hope it's obvious) that 8.0.0.9 seems to also squeeze the image vertically (or stretch horizontally)! v7 does not.

These issues also arose in 8.0.0.5. If it makes any difference, theses are UK PAL DVDs.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, other than dump v8 and stick with v7?
    Attached Files

This is a known issue, but is not really very noticeable with NTSC 2.40:1 content so it doesn't get reported often. I have continued to report it to the developers. If it is a problem on your PAL conversions, I would stick with v7 for now. All I see is very small black bars top and bottom, nothing on the sides and no noticeable squashing of the video image (but it is there and can be seen when viewing a perfect circle).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yep - just to confirm I'm seeing this as well on the latest beta (8.0.1.1). On the face of it, it looks like exactly the same problem I was having with the Blu-Ray cropping a few weeks ago until it was fixed (Blu-Ray cropping is still fine for me in v8). As suggested, I'm having to revert to v7 for DVD rips until this is sorted for v8.

Comment

Working...
      X