No announcement yet.

8.0.1.0 Beta Still Crashes After Selection Of Start Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the last beta version appear to address V8 crashing after hitting the start button as so many have been reporting here and in other threads. No replies received from the crash files I uploaded either.

Comment

Originally posted by dilburt View Post
      I had this same problem and I think it only occurs on 64 bit Operating Systems but I don't have a 32 bit OS to verify that on. I found the following solution so hopefully this may solve your problem as well:

1. Go into your BIOS and make sure that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is enabled. I think it's called the same thing on Intel and AMD but if not, it's close.

2. Go into your OS and right-click on "Computer" then select "Properties". Select the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section.

3. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab. It should work if the system is set to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" but I've had problems unless I select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" so I would recommend the second setting.

4. Add the name of the primary executable for DVDFab by clicking the "Add..." button and entering "DVDFab.exe".

Hope it helps.

D
      I too have dvdfab.exe in that list and it still crashes I am on windows 7 I hope they get this fixed soon this is one of the reasons I bought this. I can not keep 2 versons of this program on here and if I am fount to have any software that is "out of date" I can loose my renbursment. (long story) Please help find a fix soon I love having an all in one program. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blindbat View Post
        I too have dvdfab.exe in that list and it still crashes I am on windows 7 I hope they get this fixed soon this is one of the reasons I bought this. I can not keep 2 versons of this program on here and if I am fount to have any software that is "out of date" I can loose my renbursment. (long story) Please help find a fix soon I love having an all in one program. Thanks
        Try and right click desktop icon for DVDFab and run as administrator to see if that fixes crash

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Try and right click desktop icon for DVDFab and run as administrator to see if that fixes crash
          I have tired that no luck still crashes

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            It is running as administrator, wish it was that easy but no it crashes seconds after ther start button is selected.

Comment

Well this thread is for Version 8.0.1.0 Beta and if all of you having problem with Version 8.0.1.5 Beta crashing then you need to start new thread about the problem

Comment

Working...
              X