No more DVD to DivX-Conversion possible since Version 8.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more DVD to DivX-Conversion possible since Version 8.x

I am having trouble with the DVD to AVI(DivX)-Conversion.

Every file since Version 8.x (through all Version 8.x till now) created with the general.avi.divx.audiocopy & general.avi.divx.mp3 profiles end up in an xvid file (analyzed with the latest MediaInfo-Tool).

Using the same settings and profiles with DVDFab 7.0.9.3 everything is OK. MediaInfo-Tool analysis says MPEG-4 Visual (DivX 5).

The files created with DVDFab 8.x (through all Version 8.x till now) are not compatible with my DVDPlayer, because xvids are created and NOT DivX :-(.

I've already reported this problem to the DVDFab-Support via E-mail. Has everybody else noticed these problems???

The problem does not depend on single DVDs. It appears through all DVDs converted with Version 8.x.

Have you tried using the xvid profiles to check if they come out as divx? Maybe the profiles names got crossed or something.

Comment

I'll give it a try using the xvid-profiles later the day and report the results! I don't think so, but it could be a possibility

Comment

I not think so as well but I'm trying this out as well now to see if I have same issue. The test DVD is The Wizards of Waverly Place as I already have that ripped and saved to folder on the computer I'm testing on as my other computer is busy doing a Blu-ray to mobile conversion and will be busy for another 5 hours.

Will post my results in about an hour

Comment

Thanks to you Looking forward hearing the results.

If you've got the same problems, I hope they are solved quickly, since I don't wan't to have double Fab installations on my systems

Comment

Same problem here. V8 does not set FOURCC = 'DX50'. Bypass: AVI FourCC Code Changer (freeware).

Comment

Ahh, good to know! I already was going crazy. Maybe this should be reported to the DVDFab Support and/or development team!

I hope they can fix it in the near future!

Comment

... AVI FourCC Code Changer is a By-pass, but I think this should be only temporary.
                I hope Fengtao will/can fix this BUG!

Comment

I as well got the xvid for the divx default setting (generic.avi.divx.audiocopy). I posted the Mediainfo as an attachment as well
                  Attached Files

Comment

The code for these profiles has not changed in v8, so it must be something else, either in the way the files are being written or processed internally. DVDFab has never actually used a divx codec.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Correct, DVDFab uses the XVID codec for both XVID and DIVX output. For DIVX output it just changes the FOURCC from 'XVID' to 'DX50'. That's all. Unfortunately V8 does not set FOURCC for DIVX any more.

Comment

Hmm, I thought so. The FourCC from Version 7.0.9.3 was SET DX50, so my DVD-Player had no problems. I think, if DVDFab offers the general.avi.divx.x profiles, DVDFab should set the FourCC to DX50.

I hope Fengtao fixes this! Did anybody else wrote this to Fengtao already???

Comment

You are correct, it should, and it did before. The FourCC is still in the v8+ profiles as 'DX50'. I have notified Ting, the developer of DVD Ripper/Video Converter.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

All,
                            This problem has been found and corrected, the fix will be in the next beta release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Sounds great! Looking forward to the new upcoming BETA!

Great support

Comment

Working...
                              X