converting blu ray to mp4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) converting blu ray to mp4

I was using the blu ray ripper function in dvdfab v. 8.0.0.5 to convert a blu ray movie to .m4v to be played on my ipod touch 4. i've converted dvd's to be played and they transfer fine, but when i converted a blu ray it will show up on itunes but will not transfer to my ipod. The new ipod has the same video capabilities as the iphone 4..

the movie i converted has these specs:
    Size 2.9 GB
    bit rate: 159 kbps
    profile: low complexity
    total bit rate: 4475 kbps
    video dimensions: 1280x546
    video codec: H.264
    Note: this info comes from itunes

I rented an HD video from the itunes store that was also 2.9 GB, but it had a larger bit rate, larger total bit rate, and higher resolution. It was also low complexity and the same video codec. (I can't list the actual specs because it was rented and now it's gone)

Does anyone know why the video will not transfer to my ipod?? It displays the message "...cannot be played on this ipod."

Thanks

Moving your thread to the Ripper forum for better exposure. Could this be a firmware/iTunes version issue? Have you tried MediaInfo on the files instead of iTunes? It will give much more detailed file info.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm running the newest version of itunes, itunes 10. and the version 4.1 OS that comes installed on the new ipod touch. I thought there might be some special encryption on the itunes videos that allow them to sync to apple devices, but my converted dvd's all sync fine.

The only relevant extra info i found using MediaInfo is that the writing application used was Lavf52.33.0 which may create a compatibility issue?

I guess my next step is to try a couple different BD movies, see if anything comes out of it.

Comment

Working...
      X