This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound problems when ripping home movies

sound works on dvd but does not work when it becomes avi.

it is a burned dvd containing my home movies.
    When i preview it the sound works so not sure whats wrong?

Have you tried an avi with "audiocopy"? That should copy the original audio track(s) for you.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

audio issues

yeah ive tried a few different options 'audiocopy'

????

Comment

If you have something checked on the first screen for an audio track, then I'm not sure either?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

if playing back in wmp you may need codecs for avi compatability, just a guess...try VLC media player and see if it has sound if so then you need codecs.

Comment

Usually AC-3 Filter will fix the problem if using an audicopy profile.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

?

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Usually AC-3 Filter will fix the problem if using an audicopy profile.
              I dont understand what you mean? where / how do i get this filter?

Comment

Have you ever heard of "GOOGLE"?

Comment

?

gee thanks, so nice to find helpful people.

Comment

Google "ffdshow", it is free and will let you play AC-3 and just about anything else with WMP. You can also try VLC Media Player (free) and never need to go looking for filters or codecs again. It is available at http://www.videolan.org/vlc
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

VLC wont even play the file at all??

i usually use EM toal player - which doesnt require codecs.

besides will any of this actually solve the problem? or will every person who wants to watch my movie need to download all this stuff? and I need it to open in my editing program anyway???

is there a reason why the dvdfab wont rip it properly that i can fix in dvd fab?

Comment

VLC wont even play the file at all??

i usually use EM total player - which doesnt require codecs.

besides will any of this actually solve the problem? or will every person who wants to watch my movie need to download all this stuff? and I need it to open in my editing program anyway???

is there a reason why the dvdfab wont rip it properly that i can fix in dvd fab?

Comment

Well, for a start you need to tell us exactly what profile you are using.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                          X