Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Jagged Edges

Hi

I am using dvd ripper to convert all my tv series from dvd to pc. I am using generic.avi.xvid.mp3.
    My problem is everytime i try rip any of my 4:3 aspect ration dvd's (eg Friends), the tv characters have a sort of jagged edge outlined whenever they move.

I have tried for days with different resolutions, framerates, bitrates and have tried 1 pass and two pass, but nothing helps.

My 16:9 dvds rip perfectly onto my pc.

Please can someone help. Maybe i am doing something wrong, but then why only the 4:3 aspect ratio?

Thanks

I have a attached a snapshot, so u can see what i mean.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

BUMP

Comment

Alright, obviously problem not solvable.

Comment

Check to see if your Video Card has driver update and if it does update and then try again. Outdated Video Card drivers cause problems like this especially if they Cuda enabled

Comment

The content is apparently interlaced and is not being deinterlaced correctly during the conversion. Try selecting an output framerate of 29.97 fps and/or putting a checkmark on the "Deinterlacing" box on the Edit page.
            Originally posted by protrader View Post
            Alright, obviously problem not solvable.
            Mind your manners.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have a attached a snapshot, so u can see what i mean.

Thanks
              protrader,
              this is classic snapshot of interlaced content. To remove "comb" you have to enable "deinterlacing" during conversion. You can do it by checking "deinterlace" box in "edit" window (somewhere in a middle-left of the window). Deinterlacing process will remove "comb" effect.
              BTW, some of the players can remove it while playing, what player do you use?
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all the replies, i am using it with the deinterlace box checked, i have tried it with all the frame rates, but still doing the same.

I have also tried it on different pc with different graphic cards, but all produce the same result.

I am using windows media player, theatertek, and wmc. It shows the same with all these players.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all the replies, i am using it with the deinterlace box checked, i have tried it with all the frame rates, but still doing the same.

I have also tried it on different pc with different graphic cards, but all produce the same result.

I am using windows media player, theatertek, and wmc. It shows the same with all these players.

Thanks
                  @protrader I had the same issue, with DVDFab 8. The way I fixed it was going back to DVDFab 7.

I tried converting a Tae Bo video using similar setting as protrader and even tried unchecking and re checking deinterlace. This had no effect, and I know the problem wasn't my video card. I believe DVDFab 8 has an issue and is not correctly seeing the checkbox for deinterlace. But if you have DVDFab 7 still installed try that and see if you get the same result.

Comment

Thanks Optikool...U ARE 100% correct. What puzzles me is how come no-one else has come forward with this problem as i now have tried version 8 on 5 different pc's, and all do the same.

Thank you for the help, u are a lifesaver

Comment

Not many users have interlaced content to convert. Glad you found a fix.
                      Thanks Optikool...U ARE 100% correct. What puzzles me is how come no-one else has come forward with this problem as i now have tried version 8 on 5 different pc's, and all do the same.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I didn't notice until recently. I just got my ReadyNas Raid server so now I'm in the process of converting all my videos so I can stream them. None of my previous videos have this problem so most likely something happened in the past update. It's less noticeable on 16x9 movies, it was noticeable in the movie Justin Time, but since my Tae Bo videos have a lot of fast motion, it is really noticeable. The only thing I noticed was on DVDFab 7 the deinterlace box wasn't check automatically and I had to check it and on DVDFab 8 this box was already checked when the video loaded. Not sure if that means anything.

Optikool

Comment

Excuse my ignorence, but are not all tv series interlaced?

Do u think we can get a patch for version 8?

Thanks

Comment

I see there is a new version out....Please can u add an update with a fix to force deinterlacing when box is checked?

Thanks

Comment

+1 For this issue, I've been trying out the 8.0.x releases with CUDA, and they are FAST! If I could rip interlaced content and end up with a decent image, I'd buy a license in a heartbeat.

I have a LOT of interlaced content, mostly children's TV shows & animation for my kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X