Jittery image conversions to *.m4v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jittery image conversions to *.m4v

I am new to this DVD Ripping, but have about 1,500 DVD/Blu-Ray Discs that I want to convert to *.m4v. So I downloaded DVDFab with the high hopes that it was the best solution for my iPad , iPhone 4, and iTunes viewing of movies. I have tried about 15 different DVD's from Alice in Wonderland, Avatar, Star Trek, RiverWorld, The Taking of Pelham 123, etc. and many different settings to see if it has any effect on the jittery image when viewing in iTunes, iPad, or iPhone 4. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit PC with 8GB Ram, and 8TB of Hard Drive Storage, so speed and storage are not the problem. One interesting thing I found is that when i converted a movie to *.avi it played perfectly on the PC and when I tired playing a jittery *.m4v movie with the VLC Media Player it played perfectly as well.

Help!!! I want to purchase this software, but can't at this point until it works.

Jitter on M4V output

Hi,
    I have similar findings - as follows

DVD - ripped and converted to iPod Touch resolution (480 x 270), .mp4 file. Plays perfectly on Ipod Touch 2nd gen and iTunes.

Blu Ray - ripped and converted to iPod Touch resolution (480 x 360), .m4v file.
    Plays with "jitter" on iTunes and Ipod Touch. The jitter is not your usual deinterlace - it seems to be over several frames. So for example when someone turns their head, you see two heads alternating for maybe 0.25 second.

The "jittery" files play perfectly well on Windows Media Player 11 and VLC.

So there seems to be something odd about Apple's playback - something to do with frame order. I think DVDfab is producing a 'valid' file, but something Apple can't play.

As Apple aren't going to change (!!) this suggests we need to do something different with DVDfab.

Forgot to add: am using v8.0.1.5.
    Last edited by tuck1s; 09-23-2010, 08:24 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Please give v8.0.1.5 Beta a try and report the results. It has a fix listed for DVD Ripper for this exact problem.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, I am using v8.0.1.5 beta.

A bit more info. If I rip from an .mkv compressed version of the blu-ray, the output is OK (not jittery). Only if I rip from the full BD50 folder structure (previously ripped with DVDfab) does it occur.

Comment

Jittery mp4 playback after format conversion

I have the same issue using 8.0.2.2. I used Video Converter to convert WMV to AppleTV (using the AppleTV setting). Playback is very jittery (unwatchable) on iTunes 10 & AppleTV. Windows Media Player (Win7) plays great.

Comment

Hi tuck1s,

Do you still have the problem with v8022?

Thanks!
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

im usin 8222. the playback is fine in media but on ipod 3rd gen. iphone 4, and apple tv all are jittery.

Comment

X2, is DVDFAB working in resolving with another release soon?

Comment

Please add me to the list as being one very frustrated long-time DVDFab user with the dreaded stuttering problem when ripping BD's to .m4v. Looks like everyone and everything in the ripped movies have Parkinson's disease (shaking)!

Comment

I ended up going back to v7.0.9.3, works perfectly. I'll just keeping using this old version until they release something that actually works. Amazing that they keep releasing update after update for v8 with no solution in sight. This all started with the release of v8. The other problem with v8 is subtitles, they are on no matter what, whether you have radio buttons selected or not.

Comment

Originally posted by gyropilot View Post
                      Please add me to the list as being one very frustrated long-time DVDFab user with the dreaded stuttering problem when ripping BD's to .m4v. Looks like everyone and everything in the ripped movies have Parkinson's disease (shaking)!
                      This is a follow-up to my post above...

I've discovered the video stuttering problems is occurring when I do a BD rip to iPad or .MP4 no matter what version I use now (7.X.X.X OR 8.X.X.X) even after uninstalling, running CCleaner, and reinstalling. I've fiddled around with various conversion settings and it doesn't seem to matter what video output size I choose when selecting iPad as the destination.

BUT, I found out the defect does NOT occur when choosing the iPhone 4 .mv4 output with its lower screen resolution... there's no stuttering whatsoever.

So it seems the stuttering video is only occurring with BD rips at higher resolution outputs as others have suggested. I haven't had time to test more extensively to see exactly where the cutoff point is... or possibly if the defect is actually related to the output bitrate, etc.

Comment

I also have the same issue with the Jittery conversion to iPad. Please help! Is there any official response from DVDfab on this?

Zargon

Comment

I just purchased Ripper. I'd been using the free version for 30-days and it seemed to work great. My first week of rips (to iPhone format) were perfect, great for killing time on a long drive as my daughter watched them on my iPhone or netbook. I then spent the next 3-weeks ripping non-stop day and night (brought my laptop with me to work) getting in 6 - 8 movies a day.

The same #$%*&#^$*&! day I paid for the license I decided to watch one of the movies I recently ripped to find it jacked-up-jittery and totally unwatchable. From reading the FAQ's and a couple of these "jittery" threads I'm a**-out on getting a refund or a fix for the problem until the authors release an update (am I correct on both counts?).

From reading the threads pre-v.8 versions don't have this problem. Can anyone advise me how do I get an older version until the fix is released? Thanks.

Comment

nycboyz
                            You may try using older versions but they are not supported any more, here you go http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php
                            Hope this helps
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X