This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Subs

I just purchased the Wd Live media player. I am in the process of trying to figure out which format I should use for steaming to the Wd Live Media Player. I need to choose which format I want to use (ISo, DIVX, XVID or MKV). I am new to all this so please bare with me. I have only used ISO since I purchased this software years ago. I noticed that this software does batches. That should save me some time. First i need to choose a method for streaming my DVD collection. As i mentioned i am a complete NOOB at this. I tried experimenting with converting Return of the Jedi to Divx. Every time i make a Divx I don't get the subs when the aliens are speaking. I then tried the re encode that merges all the titles, what i got then was the subs playing by default and i could not turn them off. what i need to know is how do I make a MKV or Xvid with the subs only coming up when the aliens are speaking? Plus I need best format for streaming that balances quality and size. thanks!

Complication is our resident Videophile. Gregiboy is also very familiar with streaming techniques, and works with it every day. I hope one of them will see this and offer you better advice than I could on that part of it.

As to the subs, each movie has a different way of making only the translations appear. I have checked that movie before and as I recall there are just a few lines of subtitles involved. Try checking the box that says "Display only forced.." which appears below the subpicture stream selection window. If I can find my original, I'll check it again.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

if you use "WDTV" and "SEARCH" you will see that there are at least 2 in-depth threads where Complication and I have subscribed to and discussed this subject.

Remember "SEARCH" is your friend.

We agree that we disagree on some things but what we generally agree on is that you should try it for yourself and see what you are happy with.

On the subs, some profiles seem to have lost the ability to burn in the subs and I am investigating but is low on my priority list as I hardly ever use subs.

Signals was correct. Different moves seem to use different methods to "Force Subs" but the general method is to try it with the subs of the language that you want and then also tick the "Forced Subs Only" option.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X