Always Crashing - Nvidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Always Crashing - Nvidia

I have having no luck ripping from ISO's (and converting MKV) to iPad. DVDFab crashes @ 1%.

I have a SONY Vaio which allows me to disable the higher spec Nvidia card and this seems to do the trick. So I am thinking its a problem with the new Nvidia Cuda stuff.

I am using 8.0.2.2.

If it's a Sony Vaio Z series, they have been buggy with their nVidia cards for years. I think they finally admitted to it recently. Don't expect any of the nVidia updates to work either, these card are specifically made for the viao and are proprietary, so the updates must come from Sony themselves. They usually have a website specifically to your laptop, check it for updates, but don't hold your breath since they are sloooow in coming.

I think you can still use your nvidia card without the CUDA. You should be able to disable cuda via DVDFab and try it that way.
    Last edited by Ozzie; 10-03-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that. The problem is though the output is still very choppy and not really watchable.

I've plenty of RAM (8Gb) and the ISO is stored locally on the RAID 0 SSD (so disk access isn't an issue)

Comment

Originally posted by halojump View Post
        Thanks, I'll try that. The problem is though the output is still very choppy and not really watchable.

I've plenty of RAM (8Gb) and the ISO is stored locally on the RAID 0 SSD (so disk access isn't an issue)
        Look in DVD common settings, and do not use the CUDA and try your iso to iPad encode using the default iPad settings and post your results.

Comment

I have an HP touchsmart, and have just upgraded to DVDFAB 8. I had no problem with the previous version, but now I'm getting an error saying "The nVidia driver (CUDA) causes a crash problem, please update it to the latest version." How do I disable/reenable it using DVDFAB? I went back to DVDFAB 7 and that one still works fine..... DVDFAB bug? I realy should not have to disable it.
          Last edited by cbleman; 10-04-2010, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbleman View Post
            I have an HP touchsmart, and have just upgraded to DVDFAB 8. I had no problem with the previous version, but now I'm getting an error saying "The nVidia driver (CUDA) causes a crash problem, please update it to the latest version."
            Well do what you are being told and update the nVidia driver and your problem should be fixed

Comment

HP site said I'm using the latest driver. I updated every video download I could find
              Last edited by cbleman; 10-04-2010, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                Well do what you are being told and update the nVidia driver and your problem should be fixed
                I am updated to the latest nVidia driver as well and mine still crashes with the same error. Version 7 works great with no problems. I have and will continue to try all version 8 releases (including betas) but so far no luck.

No complaints here. It's great software! Just patiently waiting for Fentgao and crew to fix that one bug that prevents me from upgrading.

Comment

Have you tried setting everything to software under A/V codec? Mine will do the same thing if I select CUDA and I have an nVidia card too. If I set it as shown in the picture it works a treat!
                  Attached Files
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

As an HP owner with an nvidia card, I can tell you HP lags behind but does eventually get the updated drivers. I bypassed them and got the driver direct from nvidia's website and have had no problems. Your choice, but DVDFab has code that is designed to work with the latest drivers (see the release notes).
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      Have you tried setting everything to software under A/V codec? Mine will do the same thing if I select CUDA and I have an nVidia card too. If I set it as shown in the picture it works a treat!
                      I have done this and it works great but it's a lot slower. I don't have to set everything to software in version 7, only version 8.

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      As an HP owner with an nvidia card, I can tell you HP lags behind but does eventually get the updated drivers. I bypassed them and got the driver direct from nvidia's website and have had no problems. Your choice, but DVDFab has code that is designed to work with the latest drivers (see the release notes).
                      I have downloaded the latest drivers directly from nVidia and they work great on version 7 but version 8 still crashes for me unless I set everything to software which slows the encoding process.

FYI, I know it's a known issue that custom profiles crash in version 8 with CUDA enabled. Or if I am mistaken, please correct me. The custom profiles still work in version 7 with CUDA enabled so I'm guessing that is why I'm not having any problems. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong. I have been reading the all release notes as they are available but I don't have the best memory.

Comment

Signals is right go to the direct source upgrade driver(s)

Use link below to auto detect NVIDIA Driver(s)

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

ActiveX Control popup will appear top of page right click install ActiveX control
                        Install
                        Follow prompts
                        Reboot if necessary
                        Doneā€¦

Hope all is well... Good luck my friend

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                          That worked. Thanks! Evidently HP is behind on their drivers. I went directly to the nVidia site, but the only driver out that's newer than mine is for notebooks. It warned to check with the OEM before installing, and since I couldn't find anything from HP telling me it's safe to install on my desktop, and my GPM wasn't on the list, I didn't upgrade. 8 is up and running for me with the settings you recommended though.

Thanks again.
                          cbleman (31268)

I know this is a little off topic, but I was wondering what the CUDA drivers do for DVDFAB. Do they speed it up?

Edit: I went to device manager, and let Windows update the driver for me. I know MS is not infallable, but I felt safer that way. Hope this info helps someone. I'll let you know how it worked.
                          Last edited by cbleman; 10-04-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

know this is a little off topic, but I was wondering what the CUDA drivers do for DVDFAB. Do they speed it up?

CUDA has several advantages:
                            Accelerated rendering of 3D graphics
                            Accelerated encryption, decryption and compression
                            Accelerated interconversion of video file formats
                            Artificial intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_Geek74 View Post
                              CUDA has several advantages:
                              Accelerated rendering of 3D graphics
                              Accelerated encryption, decryption and compression
                              Accelerated interconversion of video file formats
                              Artificial intelligence
                              Thanks!
                              It looks like the original advice was the best, I just didn't know how to update the driver without going through HP
                              Last edited by cbleman; 10-04-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X