This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Valid Options for Profiles?

I'm evaluating the DVD to Mobile option, doing some test conversions, and I've gotten into creating some custom profiles since I want, for example, 320kbps sound with my Xbox/WMV conversions and the default profile limits you to 192kbps.

Is there a list of valid options for creating profiles?
    • What are the available video/audio codecs (and their IDs that you'd put in the profile XML)?
    • What are the valid bitrates for each of the video/audio codecs?
    • Is there an XML schema (XSD) for profiles?

For example, I made a custom Xbox360/WMV profile with a 320kbps sound option and when I played it in Windows Media Player it was detected as 256kbps sound.

Also, I've tried the profile editor and it's a nice tool, but it doesn't know about WMA10 sound. When you load a profile up that has WMA10 sound, it switches it back to WMA9. That leads me to believe the editor doesn't know about all of the available codecs, either.

I'd be happy to hand-write the XML to get things just the way I want them, I just don't know what all the valid options are and the profiles that ship don't always have them all available (e.g., none have 320kbps sound listed).

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    -T

Hi tillig
    There is a readme document that is installed in the profiles folder that contains some of the information you seek. I will caution you that it is a little out of date and there are some settings available that are not documented there. If you can use any other format than WMV (i.e. AVI for the Xbox) I would encourage it, the conversions are very slow. We are working on an update and expansion to the profile readme, not sure when it will be available. Profile editor is great, but I prefer to hand edit them. It is a free tool that Ting, the DVD to Mobile developer made so that even novice users could make and edit profiles without syntax or other problems. You are clearly not in that category,and it too may need updating. Post any other questions, I or others will help if possible.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Looking for more comprehensive doc

I looked at the readme.txt and I guess what I'm looking for is something like this information that I was able to grab from parsing through the existing profiles:

Available file formats (<file format="..." />):
      • 3g2
      • 3gp
      • avi
      • dpg
      • flv
      • ipod
      • ipod_avc
      • ipod_mp4
      • mkv
      • mp3
      • mp4
      • psp
      • raw
      • vob
      • wav
      • wma
      • wmv

Available audio codecs (<audio codec="...">):
      • aac
      • mp2
      • mp3
      • pcm
      • wma10
      • wma9

Available video codecs (<encode codec="..." fourcc="..."> listed as codec/fourcc value, where sometimes there's a fourcc value and sometimes there's not... not sure why):
      • flv
      • h264
      • h264 / H264
      • mpeg1
      • mpeg4
      • mpeg4 / DIVX
      • wmv9 / WMV3
      • xvid / DX50
      • xvid / XVID

But what I'm looking for are things like:
      • Are there any file formats or codecs that you support that aren't listed?
      • Are there any limitations on the codecs? For example, I read that the max supported AAC sample rate is 192kbps due to the spec. It would be nice to know if that's the same in, say, WMA9 or WMA10, particularly if they're not limited by the spec so much as limited by what's implemented in DVDFab. Reference my original example where I tried to get 320kbps WMA10 sound and it played as 256kbps.
      • Are there some file formats that are known incompatible with certain codecs? I've had no success getting an MP4 file with H.264 video working combined with an audio-copy of an AC3 stream.
      • Is there an XML schema that defines what can be in a profile? For example I noticed that the <audio> XML element has the name of the codec in it, but later in the file there's an <acodec> element that also defines it. Also, what are valid things in the <tag /> element? Are all of them listed?
      • Is the WMA9 or WMA10 sound WMA Pro? Is there a WMA Lossless option?

Yeah, that's a lot, but it appears there's a ton of flexibility - exactly what I am looking for - and I want to make sure I understand it all and that it'll do what I want before I buy. I have about 800 movies in VIDEO_TS format I need to script and convert and I need to know I'm not going to do this all over again.
      Last edited by tillig; 10-27-2009, 07:16 PM. Reason: Correction on the issue I'm seeing with audio-copy.

Comment

I don't think you will have all your answers before the trial expires.

The developers are the only ones that have them and their hands are full at the moment with higher priority developments.

I suggest the only way at the moment is trial and error.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X