Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when Forced Subtitles will be working again in V8.x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Any idea when Forced Subtitles will be working again in V8.x?

Hello I love DVDFab and most of the time I don't care about subtitles but in movies like the new Karate Kid forced subtitles are kind of important. Being a software programmer myself I know sometimes how hard it can be to track down an issue and fix it. Have you been able to reproduce the forced subtitle problem? If so when do you have it scheduled to be fixed?

And the forced subtitle problem I am talking about is the one where you check forced subtitles only, yet it does all subtitles.

I am running version 8.0.2.2.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

BTW I love V8, CUDA now works with my video card where it would not in V7.!!!!!!!!

reply to the the forced subtitle problem

Originally posted by bernr@nocsonline.com View Post
    Hello I love DVDFab and most of the time I don't care about subtitles but in movies like the new Karate Kid forced subtitles are kind of important. Being a software programmer myself I know sometimes how hard it can be to track down an issue and fix it. Have you been able to reproduce the forced subtitle problem? If so when do you have it scheduled to be fixed?

And the forced subtitle problem I am talking about is the one where you check forced subtitles only, yet it does all subtitles.

I am running version 8.0.2.2.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

BTW I love V8, CUDA now works with my video card where it would not in V7.!!!!!!!!
    Hi bernr@nocsonline.com,

Please try to install DVDFab 8.0.2.4 Beta at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA
    to see the result.

Comment

forced subtitle

Hi bernr@nocsonline.com,

Please tell us which option you were using, ipod/iPhone, MkV and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
      Anny
      DVDFab Support Team
      Last edited by Anny; 10-19-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I have tried the 8.0.2.4 beta, subtitles now seem to be working correctly but the beta keeps crashing (and I have send the crash reports).

I am using the DVD Ripper to H.264 AVI

Comment

crash problem

Hi bernr@nocsonline.com,

Please try to click the round green icon button with a check mark at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then convert again to see if you still encounter the same crash problem.

Best regards,
          Anny
          DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Yes it still crashed just using software decoding and encoding. I am going to install the beta on a new computer and see what happens there, I will let you know.

Comment

Sorry I have not reported back, my main computer melted down so I had to wait until I got another computer. I now have a new computer so I will try this again with the most current release.

Comment

Ok sorry it took so long to reply but I had to save up to buy a new computer. I now have a core I7 laptop with an Nvidia video card. V8 no longer crashes on me but I have a new problem now. If I do 1 pass encodes CUDA works but CUDA does not seem to get used if I tell it to do a 2 pass DVD rip to generic.H264.AudioCopy Avi

Any suggestions?

Comment

All v8s are not created equal. Please update to V8.0.8.5 and try it again.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks I knew I forgot to mention something, I am currently running V8.0.8.5, upgraded earlier today, same problem.

I am using a Toshiba Qosmio Core I7 laptop with a GeForce GTX 460M video card with 1.5MB dedicated memory with 192 CUDA cores. I am using Driver version 259.12 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Also on a side question, is there anyway to change my user name? Apparently I was stupid when I signed up and used my email as my user name.

Comment

Re: username
                      Send me a PM or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page and choose the Forum button. Include whatever you would like for the new username to be.

The forced subs was working the last time I tried one. I'll check it again.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just tried Avatar with BD Ripper and Angels & Demons with DVD Ripper and the forced subs were perfect on both of them, using the iPhone4.h264 profile. Your content may be different or the forced subs may be in a different stream than the regular ones.

Comment

Cool thanks. Any thoughts on the 2 pass CUDA issue, or should I create a new post?

Comment

Working...
                          X