Backup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup question

Just in the process of backing up all my DVD's to digital format, I have done a few and noticed that the outputted file has a .idx and a .sub file with it, I guess the .sub file is subtitles but not sure about the .idx file?
    Is it possible to output the film in a single file with everything embedded that's needed? i.e any subtitles ect?
    For these films I have selected generic MV audiocopy.

Thanks

you will have to go into the EDIT part and change the Subpicture from "Extract to idx/sub file" to "Direct render to video" and if you not want the subs on the output video then you do uncheck the subtitles and have Display only forced subs checked instead

Comment

Ahh ok, think I checked that wasn't available, is this because I am still on the trial?

Comment

Hi,

Ok the only option I have is Extract to idx/sub file

Comment

Could be the profile you are using but not sure. I do know some DVDs with certain profiles only give one choice but that is usually direct render to video so could be the profile you used

Comment

Profile? as in the format selected?

Comment

The profiles are setting packages tailored for specific devices (iPhone, Archos etc} or format (AVI, MP4, 3GP, MKV, etc.), There is also a Generic category that has profiles for many different file formats that are not device specific. The choices are made using the navigation window on the left and the drop down selector at the very bottom of the Ripper window. You should consider how you will be playing the files back (now and in the future) before beginning a mass conversion project. For subtitles, you can choose to render them directly into the video or output them as idx/sub files if your playback device supports them that way. Direct render to video+Display only forced usually comes closest to the way the original DVD played back for Titles like The DaVinci Code or others that have large amounts of translated dialog. If you don't want any subtitles, just uncheck the subpicture stream selection boxes.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X