Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper AVI and Codec

Hello.

I'm checking out DVD Ripper and have a question.

When I choose to rip to a .AVI file the default settings produce a file that cannot be viewed properly in Media Player on a standard Win XP system. It tells me the codec is missing.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the correct codec or perhaps which option (generic.avi.h264..., generic.avi.divx..., etc.) I should be choosing?

Thanks!

Do not use the "audiocopy" profiles OR use VLC Media Player instead. VLC (free) does not require codec packs (which can cause other problems) or other add-ins as does WMP. If you use a profile that makes MP3 audio it will play on WMP, not sure about AAC.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The audio doesn't seem to be the issue. It's the video.

Comment

You may need to update to the v8.0.2.9 beta version of DVDFab. There was a problem with the xvid codec which has been corrected. I think it would have been used with the generic avi settings and may be responsible for what you are seeing. Try playing the same file with some other player.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi carob,

Please understand that the issue lies in your windows media player, you need update it to the latest version or find the related Media Player Codec Pack to make sure your Media Player works, please google that for more effective help.
          ________
          Deposit insurance advice
          Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
            Hi carob,

Please understand that the issue lies in your windows media player, you need update it to the latest version or find the related Media Player Codec Pack to make sure your Media Player works, please google that for more effective help.
            Uhhhh, that was my orig question. Media Player is up to date but obviously the correct codec is not installed. I was asking where to get it.
            Doesn't matter now though. I found another way of doing it (albeit with another product).

Comment

I use VistaCodecPack , it works for both XP¨& Vista
              For windows 7 there is Windows 7 Codecs
              You find it at http://shark007.net/

There are many others i have tried,for me, those are the best

icy

Comment

Working...
              X