Settings for iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Settings for iPhone?

I've been trying for days to get DVDFab to rip a DVD for my iPhone. Can anyone give me settings that work?

There are profiles specific for the iPhone and iPhone4 in DVD Ripper, have you tried them?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      There are profiles specific for the iPhone and iPhone4 in DVD Ripper, have you tried them?
      I've got an iPhone 3GS, and yes I've tried the iPhone profile. However, it shows as Device: iPod not iPhone. It also won't save the new settings; every time I add an item I have to select the iPhone profile then I have to reselect 2-pass and 64-bit Stereo.

The material is TV episodes from a single DVD. The normal problem is that iTunes says "... was not copied to the iPhone ... because it cannot be played on this iPhone". I've got a couple of episodes to transfer, but most come out jittery - like "Roobarb and Custard".
      Last edited by nigelmercier; 10-29-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Hi nigelmercier,

Please upgrade to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.3.2 at ,use "iPod/iPhone" with profile setted as iPhone format to convert again, then check if the ouput file can play on your iTunes and transfer to your iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
          Hi nigelmercier,

Please upgrade to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.3.2 at ,use "iPod/iPhone" with profile setted as iPhone format to convert again, then check if the ouput file can play on your iTunes and transfer to your iPhone.
          Done that, same result: iTunes says "Some of the videos in your iTunes library, including the video ... were not copied to the iPhone ... because they cannot be played on this iPhone".

This is with the default iPhone settings in DVDFab 8.0.3.2.

Comment

I have a 3GS running iOS 4.0 and I'm getting the same problems when I try to sync a movie to my iPhone. I'm using v8.032 and also converting using the default iphone settings.

Any one else figure out how to convert or if this is just a bug??

EDIT: I am using iTunes v 10.0.122 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. The converted file plays without any problems from iTunes.
            Last edited by cowo; 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Hi all,

Have you tried to creat iPhone version files in iTunes? If not, please have a try to see if the output iPhone version file can play on your iPhone.
              ________
              Zx14 vs hayabusa
              Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I'm in the process of using iTunes to create an iPhone version. But it's taking a very long time on my quad-core computer...

I have used an older version of ripper before without any issues, so I'm not sure why it's not working now.

Comment

Ok, I used iTunes to create the iPhone version and that worked. So that means there is something amiss with DVDFab encoding for the iPhone.

I also tried ripping to iPhone format on another computer running Win XP Pro and DVDFab v8.016. The resulting file also produced the same "Some of the videos in your iTunes library, including the video ... were not copied to the iPhone ... because they cannot be played on this iPhone" error.

Thanks.

Comment

Preset file

Hi Im no expert on this software, im fighting my own problems with it but while opening up the profiles I noticed that at the end of the iphone4.mp4.xml it calls the "x264_dp_PD-iPad.preset" preset. not sure if this is correct but their is a preset for the IPhone not sure why it doesn't call it instead. "x264_dp_PD-iPhone.preset". You could try changing the profile to call the correct preset and see if it helps. I use the free program "XML Notepad" to edit. But I have to copy the profile to the desktop, edit it then copy it back to the profiles2 directory for dvdfab.

Comment

You can edit the profiles with Notepad. No need to move them around. Just set windows to always open .xml with Notepad, then with the Profiles folder open, you can just double click to open and edit them in place.

We are checking on the preset for iPhone with the developers. I think it has been the way it is now for a while, but still could be part of the problem.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X