MP4 ripping crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MP4 ripping crashed

Hello, I have been using the DVDRipper for years and it worked fine, but over the last few version of it, every time I attempted to rip a DVD (from folder) into MP4 (h.264/acc) with one pass, it simply crashed on Win7 x64 platform. Does any other one experience the same issue?

Thanks!

Help Us Help You
    by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

There was nothing in dvdfab_process.log file. In dvdfab_internal.log, there was error below:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

7m 06.27s: create config(0)
      7m 06.27s: convert profile(generic.default)
      7m 06.35s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->6)
      7m 06.35s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1) stream(32,94208,4)
      7m 06.38s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
      7m 07.63s: error: h264 encode macroblocks per second(24005) exceed the standard(11880), video size(600x342, 29.97), specify profile(0)-level(13)
      7m 11.67s: subpicture(32) mode(0)
      7m 11.67s: connect to sub render filter

I was trying to rip it into h.264 aac mp4 bit rate 1000K, resolution 640x342 calculated by the custom crop. the profile is generic.mp4.h264aac

Comment

Try setting the framerate to 23.97 fps. For some reason it is defaulting now to 30 fps. I did three conversions with the generic h264+aac mp4 profile yesterday that were perfect.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks... Base on the error message and the issue discussed in other threads, I suspect the problem was inherited from profile created in previous version. I completely removed the dvd fab 8 and then reinstalled it, it seemed to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X