8.0.4.0 MP4 Works In VLC Not Touch Pro 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.4.0 MP4 Works In VLC Not Touch Pro 2

When I use 7.0.7.0 to convert an ISO to MP4 it works on VLC and the Touch Pro2 Phone.

When I use 8.0.4.0 to convert an ISO to MP4 it works on VLC and does not work on the Touch Pro2. I get no video. I do get some audio. I use the same profile for both. Also, I notice that 8.0.4.0 is about 25% longer to do the conversion.

What happened in 8.0.4.0? Can you go back to using 7.0.7.0 code?
    Attached Files

Bill
    The profiles that were set as default do not work in some cases with the updated codecs. Try a non-default profile that provides the output type you want and then set it as default.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same Boat

I have this same problem since the beginning of version 8. I have a TP2 and have tried every Iphone,ipad,mp4,smartphone profile they have. And everything tech support has asked. I still cant get them to play on my TP2. You can either stay at version 7 till they can fix this if their going to or do what I do convert blu-rays to mt2s using dvdfab then use handbrake to convert to iphone profile changing the resolution to 800 then click keep aspect ration the video looks and plays perfectly on tp2 using hardware acc. on the phone. For DVD's handbrake supports then nativly. Sucks because its not a 1 stop shop which is the reason I bought dvdfab but it works.

Comment

I ran numerous experiments including the one you mentioned. reyes136 confirms the problem. 8.0.4.0 just has fundamental problems. It is also slower. I will stick with 7.0.7.0 for now. I am recommending they move back to 7.x code. I also have MS Expression Encoder Pro.

Comment

Working...
        X