FPS drops from full down to 0.07 within 1 min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper FPS drops from full down to 0.07 within 1 min

Subject says it all. I tried to rip a DVD, convert a video file or any other type process we start out and everything seems fine but within one minute ( 60 seconds) the FPS drops down to a non-functioning level that point the program can run for days and will not go anywhere.

Can anyone explain this phenomenal?

Help Us Help You

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Originally posted by gatsu View Post
      Subject says it all. I tried to rip a DVD, convert a video file or any other type process we start out and everything seems fine but within one minute ( 60 seconds) the FPS drops down to a non-functioning level that point the program can run for days and will not go anywhere.

Can anyone explain this phenomenal?
      same here with v8.32 attempting a generic 2 pass divx+source audio.

slows to a crawl - left it for 2 hours then cancelled as it was getting nowhere.

tried twice with different chapter selections + checked that pathplayer was disabled - no joy

so - I fired up the previous version ( v7) same disc, same settings - ripping fine in version 7 !

Comment

update - still broken in 8.0.4.0. I treid a sinlge chapter this time - it still slowed to a crawl. FWIW audio is ac3/2, video is 4x3 aspect. ripping with default settings.

Comment

I was using the generic.default profile I used in 7.x for 8.x rips. There seems to be a profile compatibility problem. I had the same problem. Delete the default profiles and create them again.

Comment

Information

Generic.Default
            The profile is used to create mp4(h264 + aac) file, which can be played on PC or supported device.

DVDFab 8.0.4.0 (2010/11/16 20:30:50)

0m 00.79s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
            0m 11.23s: detected dvd
            0m 11.27s: drive D
            0m 11.27s: dvd type 1
            0m 11.27s: volume label MEMOIRS_OF_A_GEISHA
            0m 13.82s: got copyright 1 fe
            0m 14.19s: got udf/iso
            0m 16.17s: got discinfo
            0m 16.19s: pathplayer enabled
            0m 35.50s: got dvdinfo
            0m 57.28s:

2010-11-16 21:36:42 ---- ******************** Log session stop 16-Nov 21:36:42.951 PID 2808********************
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info Current Drive selected : 0:1:0 - ASUS DRW-24B1ST 1.01 [D] (Ide)
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info System default language : English (United States)
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info User default language : English (United States)
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info DLL Version : 4.0.11.473
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info Version : 8, 0, 4, 0
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Build 7600)
            2010-11-16 20:30:59 ---- ******************** Log session start 16-Nov 20:30:59.153 PID 2808********************

I am using the most current non-beta version.

Comment

Please install v8.0.5.0. Try using a profile that is not a "default". Select the profile from the drop down list.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

problem still exists - with 8.0.9.2 using a dvd on Hard drive .

I began a thread ( so I thought) this morning, but can't now find it!

v7 rips OK, v8 grinds to a halt.
                here's a log ( cancelled after 4 hours! )

DVDFab 8.0.9.2 (2011/10/14 09:46:11)

0m 01.28s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 0 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
                0m 01.29s: 2
                0m 01.29s: C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm 0m 01.29s:
                0m 01.29s: Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                0m 26.50s: pathplayer disabled 0
                1m 34.16s:

------ begin mobile work(1/5) ------

1m 34.16s: create config(0)
                1m 34.16s: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                1m 34.20s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(8->8)
                1m 34.20s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
                1m 34.20s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                5m 56.82s:

------ finish mobile work ------

5m 57.69s:

------ begin mobile work(2/5) ------

5m 57.69s: create config(0)
                5m 57.71s: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                6m 06.44s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(9->9)
                6m 06.44s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
                6m 06.44s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                17m 43.60s:

17m 46.06s:

------ begin mobile work(3/5) ------

17m 46.08s: create config(0)
                17m 46.08s: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                17m 46.18s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(10->10)
                17m 46.18s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
                17m 46.18s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                30m 09.53s:

30m 10.31s:

------ begin mobile work(4/5) ------

30m 10.31s: create config(0)
                30m 10.33s: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                30m 10.42s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(11->11)
                30m 10.42s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
                30m 10.42s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                34m 40.02s:

34m 42.44s:

------ begin mobile work(5/5) ------

34m 42.44s: create config(0)
                34m 42.44s: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                34m 42.48s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(12->12)
                34m 42.48s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,0)
                34m 42.50s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                284m 47.08s: sync_filter: not get stream(0) offset, then eos
                284m 52.89s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

Comment

Hi cybmole
                  Please try a more current version of DVDFab and post the log files from that attempt.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Hi cybmole
                    Please try a more current version of DVDFab and post the log files from that attempt.
                    can do - but have any causes been identified / fixed in say last 12 months as I'm pretty sure this has been a long outstanding issue. it was present in early versions of dvdfab8 but it is tricky to search for old threads as it's anyone's guess what the thread titles were.

NB it only happens for me for some old DVDs which have already been copied to hard drive with dvdfab. common factor is that they have only a single AC3 audio stream and a basic 4 x3 video - no fancy features at all. doesn't seem to matter whether I use 1 pass or 2 pass.

trying latst version on same DVD generic xvid audiocopy - just 2 chapters single pass. no split..its slowing from 40fps to 25 ish by end but it did complete.

now trying 3 later chapters+ split by chapter... now less than 4fps ! - now dying at 17.45% complete - cancelling in order to post log...
                    i guess this is the error line: sync_filter: not get stream(0) offset, then eos
                    DVDFab 8.1.2.6 (2011/10/14 18:18:31)

0m 04.24s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.2.6 (2011/10/14 18:18:43)

0m 01.12s: Qt Translator file load success
                    0m 01.73s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 0 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
                    0m 12.99s: pathplayer disabled 0
                    1m 02.89s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 02.89s: info: create config(0)
                    1m 02.91s: info: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                    1m 02.91s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(11->12),3D(0)
                    1m 02.91s: info: streams((480.2)(128.1))
                    1m 02.94s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                    3m 46.57s:

4m 33.25s:

------ begin mobile work(1/3) ------

4m 33.26s: info: create config(0)
                    4m 33.26s: info: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                    4m 33.26s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(13->13),3D(0)
                    4m 33.26s: info: streams((480.2)(128.1))
                    4m 33.36s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
                    6m 39.48s: sync_filter: not get stream(0) offset, then eos
                    6m 41.53s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

now with the SAME dvd - & with SAME rip settings - in dvdfab7 - ripping through at 90+fps - no errors in log...

so development took a backward step somewhere along the line & what worked fine in v7.0.8.2 is now broke. & has been for -well how long has dvdfab been out now - well over a year I guess ?
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Hi cybmole
                      Your previous logs show that you have corrupt files
                      C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                      Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                      they should not look like this.

Please uninstall the program and clean registry using a cleaner like CCleaner.
                      Also Path player is disabled
                      Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab and try again.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I ran across some unusual behavior trying to reproduce this issue. I did Transformers 3 on my XP SP3 laptop and I could not reproduce the problem. Both cores of the dual core stayed engaged and the fps held up all the way. So I tried on my W7x64 quad core and the CPU cycled wildly, the fps dropped until it took longer to complete than the dual core XP machine. Just really odd. Same movie, same profile generic.xvid.audiocopy all settings the same.
                        Attached Files
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

This is a real problem that I noticed back in the summer when making new rips of some old 4:3 movies for my iPad. Just as Cybmole describes, the conversions stop at odd spots when the decoding fails. I finally sent sample files to Beijing and I thought it had been fixed. It never fails with newer widescreen movies. The problem may be with the VIDEO_TS folders that were made by an unknown version of DVDFab. I will test a couple of them tomorrow if the football TV schedule permits. The ones I did didn't fail until 30-70% complete, but they all would complete fine with v8.0.7.3.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            The problem may be with the VIDEO_TS folders that were made by an unknown version of DVDFab.
                            I can buy into that, they have been on my HD for years, were probably put there by dvdfab v3 !!!

I no longer have the physical DVds so cannot test further.

ripping wiith v7 is an acceptable workaround.

as for previous advice to enable pathplayer! - that's daft, when dealing with old + already decrypted DVD on HD. the old DVDs work better with pathplayer OFF.

& and as for the stuff about QT translator - is that just for translating languages as the name implies, in which case it's another red herring or do I really have to go thru the registry clean up thing ???

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                              Hi cybmole
                              Your previous logs show that you have corrupt files
                              C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                              Qt Translator file load failed, the *.qm path is C:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~3\QLanguage\DVDFabQt_.qm
                              they should not look like this.
                              I have 77 valid files in qlanguage subfolder.[ a useless collection at best as I am only interested in ripping english language dvds! ]
                              I suspect there's an "unknown" language flag in the DVd's .ifo files thus fab is creating a bad file name & seeking the non-existing file. DVDFabQt_.qm

So registry cleaning etc is a wrong diagnosis.

the file names that I do have all contain a 3 letter language code e.g. DVDFabQt_ENU.qm

( I also have 70 language files in DVDfab7 subfolder - I guess dvdfab 7 does not read/use the same "language flag" )

also this "missing file" is not the showstopper - otherwise rip would immediately fail with an error code. something else is causing the slowdown , and it is inconsistent when I try to reproduce it with same DVD & same settings i.e. sometimes the rip will complete, but very slowly - othertimes it will stall.
                              Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2011, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X