CUDA not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) CUDA not working?

I've tried ripping a BD to MKV and MTS, but neither seems to enable CUDA (it doesn't say it's enabled in the log).

I'm using 8.0.5...any ideas?

Do you have it selected in Common Settings->A/V Codec? Please post the log files.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Firefly11

Do as signals's words,if you setting well,

i think you must used the profile 'MKV.remux', this profile is just physics

copy,no decoder and encoder,so no need to enable CUDA.

If not as i said,please tell me more infors about your settings.

thanks a lot.

Joe

Comment

yep, it's enabled in the settings.

Good to know about the remux..it also doesn't work for mts - is that on purpose?

also, what's the difference between ripping a remux mkv and ripping a h264 mkv for BD?

Comment

ah, OK, so CUDA works for h264 (I guess when there's compression). So my next question is, if I want to store an original copy of the BD, do I do the mts or mkv.remux? (the equivalent of VIDEO_TS)

Comment

Originally posted by firefly11 View Post
            also, what's the difference between ripping a remux mkv and ripping a h264 mkv for BD?
            firefly,
            remux does exactly what it says - remuxing (re-multiplexing). Multiplexing is an alternative to interlacing way of combining multiple video, audio and subtitle streams in a container, e.g. MKV. So, remuxing is a process of removing content from one container (Blu-ray) and packing it into another container (MKV) without any changes in content (besides removing entire stream, if needed).
            mkv.h264.audiocopy is self explanatory as well. DVDFab re-coding content into AVC using h264 codec, compressing content with desired parameters leaving audio in original format.

In terms of your CUDA issues, you probably want to give us more info:
            what GPU do you have in your machine, what settings, what content you are working with (you may want to post MediaInfo report for your content)
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Yes,M2TS like 'MKV.remux',also a physics copy;
              and 'H264.audiocopy',it keeps the Audio mode,but converter the Video,so it will used the CUDA Encoder and Decoder.
              Joe

Comment

Originally posted by firefly11 View Post
                ah, OK, so CUDA works for h264 (I guess when there's compression). So my next question is, if I want to store an original copy of the BD, do I do the mts or mkv.remux? (the equivalent of VIDEO_TS)
                You have few options here, but first of all, forget the M2TS. M2TS is a naked file without any attributes that you might want to have, e.g. chapters.
                You have couple of options - you can remux it into MKV container, copy entire BD to your HDD, or copy just main movie to HDD. Any of these options will give you uncompressed content.
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  You have few options here, but first of all, forget the M2TS. M2TS is a naked file without any attributes that you might want to have, e.g. chapters.
                  You have couple of options - you can remux it into MKV container, copy entire BD to your HDD, or copy just main movie to HDD. Any of these options will give you uncompressed content.
                  Cool, maybe I'll just remux to mkv. If I wanted to copy the entire disk (or main movie), can I use DVD2fab? Do I use Blu-ray copy? I didn't see an option to copy to a hard disk, as opposed to another blu-ray, but maybe I missed it.

The CUDA did work on the h264 (I have a GTX 285).

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X