A complaint about the new Enlarger AI offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A complaint about the new Enlarger AI offer

I updated to 11.0.6.1 today and after that I launched DVDFab. Next came a message about the new Enlarger AI with the options Buy Now and Try Now.

Well, early this morning, before making this update, I read the email sent to me by DVDFab and the correspondent page about the new technology. At this point I was disappointed when I learned that my old NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 graphic card has a compute capability of only 1.1, which seems to make it incompatible with Enlarger AI.

My complaint here is also a suggestion. When you launch stuff with such system requirements, you should have a way for users to check the compatibility beforehand. I mean, if I click on Try Now I will download and install a resource I will not be able to use. So of course I won't click on Buy Now.

Besides, the page about Enlarger AI reads:

The Super-Resolution technology implemented in the Enlarger AI enlarges videos from SD (480p) to Full HD (1080p Blu-ray standard). Apart from the increased resolution, the video sharpness also gets significantly improved — A perfect solution to give your aged DVD collections and other low-res videos a sparklingly new life.

Well, I decided to test all that starting with low-res videos of old commercials in the formats MPG, MPEG, MOV, and WMV. But when I try to open any of them, DVDFab changes the option To Blu-ray to the Converter module with the MP4 format as output.

I went to the FAQ and the how-to shows how to convert from DVDs only. And when I try this, the format options I am allowed to open are INI, ISO, IMG, and NRG only. I have some VOB files I created using DVDFab itself, but they can't be opened via the Enlarger AI option.

So I guess Enlarger AI works only with these formats above (INI/ISO/IMG/NRG). Then I ask: why talk about "other low-res videos" if it can't open them?

Comment

Hi Paultx,

Thanks for your suggestion, and I think it is perfect timing to buy a new graphics card since AI can help us to do many fantastic things

The support for Video Converter is on the way and should be available in one month.
      ​​​
      Last edited by fengtao; 11-22-2019, 11:24 PM.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Paultx,
        There is an new FAQ for Enlarger AI here in the forum (linked in my sig, below) that has extensive information about the system requirements and typical performance with both minimum and optimal hardware. It was published at the same time the product was released. No one is trying to mislead anyone.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will this product work with existing video rips for example .avi .divx, .mp4, .mkv?

Comment

Originally posted by Procat View Post
            Will this product work with existing video rips for example .avi .divx, .mp4, .mkv?
            Hi,

Yes, it will be also supported in Video Converter soon.

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Paultx,
              There is an new FAQ for Enlarger AI here in the forum (linked in my sig, below) that has extensive information about the system requirements and typical performance with both minimum and optimal hardware. It was published at the same time the product was released. No one is trying to mislead anyone.
              Sorry if my words somehow meant that, it was not my intention. I was only trying to say that it would be great to check compatibilty beforehand.

Comment

Working...
              X