X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Impressed

I tried your 2 Minute trial (chapter)

Buffy ~ Sea 01--Ep01

The video Information said the Size had increased, but it was still the same.

And the Quality looked the same.

The file size looked like it increased.

I think the idea was good, but so Far it is a BIG Flop.

Not Impressed.

Please attach the DVDFab internal log and the Enlarger ai log for your attempt, sorry the results were not good for you, help us find out why.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by ordman View Post

The video Information said the Size had increased, but it was still the same.
      What your mean the size ? it's the video resolution ? which should be enlarged to 1080p.

Buffy ~ Sea 01--Ep01

And the Quality looked the same.

The file size looked like it increased.

I think the idea was good, but so Far it is a BIG Flop.
      What type of the movie is ? the Enlarge AI try to learn a common method to enlarge the video resolution and get more better quality than traditional method,

but in some case, maybe not good quality, the model will be trained and the software will be updated continuously.

if it's possible, please provide the original and result file to us, we can analysis it and get the reason of quality not be improved.

Comment

The Buffy Episode I used is a Square Block Video, I used AL and is the Same Size afterward.

The Video Information, says that the Video Size has Increased.

You should have a setting where you can change the Resolution or keep it the same.

I had the Setting at BD25,

If I go from BD25 to BD50 will it create more Pixels ?

There are other Programs that 'SAY' they can change the Resolution, but they can't, or the Picture is stretched and don't look right.

My feeling is you should have had the Resolution thing fixed before, Not trying to Fix it now.

I have been a LIFETIME Member for several years.

So I will wait and see if you can get the Bugs out.

And I will do a few more tests.

Comment

I've completed an AI upscale from a DVD to a BD25 size ISO. The underling stream file was 1920x1080 @ 27.7mbps, which is what I would expect for a Blu-Ray. The ISO file was 21.2GB. The only time I had an issue with the resolution and overall file size not changing much was when my old video card wouldn't support the AI software (i.e. it didn't have enough memory). In that scenario I ended up with an ISO file which was about 7GB in size and the underlying stream resolution was SD quality 720x480.

Comment

Hi jbinkley60,

I believe you said your stream was 1920x1080

My Buffy Episode is in 4:3 which is in the shape of a Box.

This is going to be my TEST episode.

If it can increase the Resolution and Quality of it, I will do further tests.

I have an i7, plenty of Memory and a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

So we will see what happens.

Comment

My output stream after the AI Blu-Ray conversion was a standard 1920x1080 M2TS file inside the ISO. The original DVD source was 720x580 16:9 . I've got an older 649x480 4:3 DVD. I'll do an AI conversion on it and see what the output is. It will take about 12 hrs <sigh>..

Comment

OK Thanks,

If it works, let me know what settings you used.

I have tried other Programs, but none have worked on Buffy.

Comment

I tried it again at BD50, and the Video is still at 4.3 Video.

The Video Info shows that the Video has gotten bigger,

Length: 2:30

Frame Width: 1440

Frame Height: 1080

Data Rate: 36083

Total Bitrate: 36275

Size: 650 MB

So I am still having the Problem of the Video NOT changing the Resolution.

Comment

Ok, I understand now. It isn't going to change the 4:3 aspect ratio on an upscale of a DVD to a Blu-Ray. It should and will keep it the same. It should increase the resolution and bitrate as part of the upscale. You can change the aspect ratio when you rip the stream out of the ISO or Blu-Ray folder (depending upon your AI upscale output). Also, I believe AI will be added to the DVDFab Converter software which you should be able to adjust the aspect ratio then too.

Comment

In current mode, Enlarge AI will not change source aspect ratio, if the source is 4:3, output result will still be 4:3 in 1440x1080, which aslo is the standare resolution of Bluray, maybe we can add the option for adjust the aspect ratio in the future version.

Thanks.

Comment

I tried it again at BD50, and the Video is still at 4.3 Video.

The Video Info shows that the Video has gotten bigger,

Length: 2:30

Frame Width: 1440

Frame Height: 1080

Data Rate: 36083

Total Bitrate: 36275

Size: 650 MB

So I am still having the Problem of the Video NOT changing the Resolution.
                        My AI copy upscale completed and is, as you saw, still 4:3 aspect ratio with a 1440x1080 resolution and a bitrate of over 30mbps. I was then able to rip to 1920x1080P with a 16:9 aspect ratio by adjusting the settings in the DVDFab ripper software but I wasn't happy with the output, which cut off too much on the top and bottom of the original 4:3 in order to stretch to 16:9. I suspect this is more of a personal taste.
                        Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-08-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

OK, so I was checking out the Resolution on my Computer Screen.

So It makes the 4.3 Video just a Bigger Box.

Well Blu Ray is NOT in a Box.

When they make it a WideScreen video, I will pay a little more attention to it.

Merry Christmas JB.

Comment

I am having problems with enlarger AI as well

Comment

OK, so I was checking out the Resolution on my Computer Screen.

So It makes the 4.3 Video just a Bigger Box.

Well Blu Ray is NOT in a Box.

When they make it a WideScreen video, I will pay a little more attention to it.

Merry Christmas JB.
                              It makes video with an aspect ratio of 4:3 at higher resolution. If the original DVD is an anamorphic transfer it can make output video with a 1.78:1 (or higher, depending on the Source) but it is impossible to make true widescreen from an original 1.33:1 image, the information is not there to begin with. This assumes you want an image output that does not looked stretched or squashed.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X