Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripping DVD with Enlarger stop after few seconds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Enlarger AI for Copy Ripping DVD with Enlarger stop after few seconds.

Just filed a report from DVDFab interface, got ID: 6876280

Looks very much like already open ID : 6806330

Also get all green checkmarks on my Nvidia GPU, but still enlarging fails.

BTW: Running trial version.

Upgraded to 11.0.6.9 - still have the problem.

Comment

Seems, unfortunately, that the problem is random.
      First run gave same error as before, I then chose "no" to overwrite a couple of times, then chose "yes" to overwrite. And this run was succesful.
      At least it finished succesful.
      What I don't understand is that the resulting .mp4 file is only 4½ minutes while the corresponding VTS_01_1.VOB is a almost 26 minutes.
      But maybe I do not understand what to expect from a trial version.
      It's a bit frightening if it takes 45 minutes to produce less than 5 minutes of video...
      Attached Files

Comment

I think you may have unrealistic expectations in general for Enlarger AI. It is a complex task that places high resource demands on a pc. Even using high end cpu and gpu the process is time consuming and runs at less than 10 fps with the current version. But it is the only way you will ever see some DVD content at Blu-ray resolutions. Thanks for submitting the logs, the trial version is purposely limited.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry - had not read the trial popup properly - misunderstood the word chapter.
          So far I think "sceptical" is more the word :-) Have seen over time quite a few products promising more than they could deliver.
          It's OK with me if it takes long time - after all it's a one-time job.
          But I'm pretty much in doubt whether it's worth the money when it is so unstable on my PC. Could be my HW simply isn't appropriate - processes at approx 1.8fps and the gauge in the topright corner of DVDFab shows red GPU memory usage of 4.7/5.0 GB.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback pju, at 1.3fps you are on the borderline, but if you have some DVDs that are unlikely to ever be put on Blu-ray, it might still be worth the time. There will be improvements in Enlarger AI as time goes by that might make it less time consuming. And your next pc may have more resources.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X