Haven't had any good results, Why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't had any good results, Why ?

I am looking for an upscaler to upscale 480p video on my computer to 1080p or higher.

After trying the 5 min trial, the video comes out worst then if I just resize it in my video editing software which has no upscaling, but only deblocking.

What am I doing wrong ? input file is 480p MP4 and I am going to 1080p MP4

CPU: i9-9900k 8 Core, 16 Threads (Overclocked to 5.0GHz)
    GPU: GTX 2080 Ti 11GB Overclocked as well
    RAM: 32 GB 3200Mhz

No idea, but if you will provide the DVDFab internal log session and the AI log, the developers will take a look at it. I have used it extensively for some older DVDs that are not available on Blu-ray and have gotten good results. Also an i9 and 2080 here. Methods for supplying the logs here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...532#post263532
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Elochai View Post
      I am looking for an upscaler to upscale 480p video on my computer to 1080p or higher.

After trying the 5 min trial, the video comes out worst then if I just resize it in my video editing software which has no upscaling, but only deblocking.

What am I doing wrong ? input file is 480p MP4 and I am going to 1080p MP4

CPU: i9-9900k 8 Core, 16 Threads (Overclocked to 5.0GHz)
      GPU: GTX 2080 Ti 11GB Overclocked as well
      RAM: 32 GB 3200Mhz
      hi, Which profile did you selected ? normal or high quality, as signals said, please send the log and tell me the log id, I will check it first.

And need explain it, the EnlargeAI is using AI method to upscale and will get better result than traditional method, which will not improve your video quality if your original video quality is bad, improve video quality should be done by some enhance feature, we are working at it.

Thanks.
      Last edited by ting; 04-23-2020, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

hi, Which profile did you selected ? normal or high quality, as signals said, please send the log and tell me the log id, I will check it first.

And need explain it, the EnlargeAI is using AI method to upscale and will get better result than traditional method, which will not improve your video quality if your original video quality is bad, improve video quality should be done by some enhance feature, we are working at it.

Thanks.
        I have no logs, I uninstalled the trial today after coming across another AI Upscaler that has worked out more then what I expected for results. Only issue is that it costs more, a lot more then DVDfab version.

So if I could get DVDfab EnlargeAI to work then it would be a better option for me in cost value.

When I did the upscale it was 480p video that was on my computer in MP4 format. I then used the scaling option for 1080p in MP4 format. I believe I did pick high quality for the 1st attempt.

My results ended with the video having lines in the texts, there a post on here about lines in upscaled cartoons, the lines are just like that. The video had a lot of blocks of pixelated areas as well, wasn't to smooth. Viewable but, well I did a resizing of the original video in PowerDirector 16 with HV.265 HEVC for 1080p 30FPS and deblocking ON and the results came out better then the upscaled version. No lines, less blocks of pixels, much smoother and clearer frames. Results still weren't as good as they are now after upscaling the footage with the other method.

Comment

Still need the logs to be able to help you. If you did not clean uninstall DVDFab they are still there. Also, the new version (11.0.8.5) of DVDFab has a new version of Enlarger AI with improvements, please try that and provide further feedback, thanks.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Elochai View Post

I have no logs, I uninstalled the trial today after coming across another AI Upscaler that has worked out more then what I expected for results. Only issue is that it costs more, a lot more then DVDfab version.

So if I could get DVDfab EnlargeAI to work then it would be a better option for me in cost value.
            Yes, we are working at it to make the EnlargeAI more better.

When I did the upscale it was 480p video that was on my computer in MP4 format. I then used the scaling option for 1080p in MP4 format. I believe I did pick high quality for the 1st attempt.
            Please try the new version (11.0.8.5), there are one new model(ultra), maybe will do more better than before, and of course, which will maybe more slower because there are more complex network layer struct.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unltra.PNG
Views:	1051
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	380979

Please select Ultra Quality to try it.

Attached Files

Comment

I never really got anything good out with the Enlarger. Resolve's Super Scale gives much better results with less noise and it's not even AI based. I tried about dozens of different clips. My DVDFab trial ran out about a month ago. Maybe it has improved since then.

Comment

Originally posted by pusabase View Post
                I never really got anything good out with the Enlarger. Resolve's Super Scale gives much better results with less noise and it's not even AI based. I tried about dozens of different clips. My DVDFab trial ran out about a month ago. Maybe it has improved since then.
                hi, When we do some improvement of this feature, I will reactive the trail in future version, and please try again

Thanks.

Comment

All,
                  DVDFab v11.0.8.6 has unspecified AI improvements. Please try it and report your results. Your feedback is very important!

Comment

HI, i´ve the DVD Lethal Weapon 1(German), but with DVDFab Enlarger AI i got almost the same Quality as the DVD. I tested Premium Quality First. Rendering time was around 13 Hours with a Geforce RTX 2070. No bette Quality. Then i tried Ultra, after 30min DVDFab Enlarger AI told me an Running Time about 37 Hours! I abort the Progress, tried again with a RTX 2080 - 33 Hours for Ultra Quality.
                    I abort also, and tried to render only 1 Chapter in Ultra. That tooks around 2 Hours. But the Quality is not realy better as the DVD. Any idea whats wrong?
                    My Setup:
                    Intel i7 - 980 (6 Cores 3,3 Ghz)
                    Evaga X58 Classified
                    EVGA RTX 2080 Ultra

i use the Full Version DVDFab Enlarger AI (no Demo)
                    Last edited by Nighthawk66; 06-15-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X