Patterns on upscaled video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Video Enhancer Patterns on upscaled video

I up-scaled a video from 1080p to 4k and there are square patterns throughout the whole video. Screenshots are of the original video and the up-scaled video.

Settings I used:

AI Model: For Movie Video

Output
    Format: MP4 H264
    Resolution: UHD 2160P
    Bitrate: High Quality 49716 kbps

My Hardware:

CPU: AMD 3800x
    Video: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
    Memory: 64 GB
    Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB

Click image for larger version

Name:	original.png
Views:	1599
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	387277

Click image for larger version

Name:	upscaled.png
Views:	839
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	387278

The same issue with the photo enhancer.

Comment

hi carmaz1954,

Thanks for feedback. Our dev get info. They are try to find solution for GPU memory usage and background image split problem now.

Yours,
      Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Wilson!

Comment

The same issue with Video Enhancer

Comment

This thread is old, more than 30 days. Several new versions have been released and you have given us no idea which one you are using. If you post about this again, please attach the AI log file to the post.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My version is enhancer ai 1.0.0.5. i will send the diaries in the next post.

Comment

See attached files
                Attached Files

Comment

See attached folder
                  Attached Files

Comment

Has this issue been resolved?
                    I just noticed the same patterns on my upscale using the latest version (12.02.0) with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB card

Comment

Hi all, our developer is working on the solution, please wait, thank you.

Comment

What's the current development status on this issue?
                        I've paused all my projects because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Hi all, our developer is working on the solution, please wait, thank you.
                          What's the current development status on this issue?
                          I've paused all my projects because of it.

Comment

A new version will be released this week to improve the output result. Please kindly wait and try again, thanks.

Comment

This showstopper problem seems unresolved since carmaz1954 reported it on 30 November 2020.
                              I am in a similar position to user DeLorean. My 'Enhancer AI' projects are also on hold.

For me, there was never a problem with 'Enlarger AI'. It is only a problem with 'Enhancer AI'.
                              The problem manifests itself as a regular, but intermittently occurring differing pattern.

As an example an 'Enhancer AI' 1.0.0.7 processed video clip might look like the following :

The video plays fine for a few seconds or even minutes with no noticeable artefacts.
                              Then for the next few seconds of images, it looks like each 'Enhancer AI' processed frame is
                              is being processed in two halves with a clearly visible centered vertical dividing line.
                              Then a few more seconds or even minutes with no noticeable artefacts.
                              Then for a few more seconds of images, it looks like each 'Enhancer AI' processed frame is
                              being processed in quarters or eighths with clearly visible vertical/horizontal dividing lines.
                              and etc.

I can submit a sample 26 frame SD 728x544 clip to easily highlight the problem, if requested.
                              (The problem occurs with 728x544 -> 728x544 resolution, so is not related to video resizing).

Hope this helps, and it gets resolved soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X