No announcement yet.

Patterns on upscaled video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not noticed this in a batch of very (10-12 year) old mp4 clips that I processed with Enhancer with good results. What is the size in MB of the sample clip and what is the file suffix? If it is not too large, I can set the forum up temporarily to allow an upload.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The 26 frame 25fps source clip I can upload is an h265 mp4 (originally created from an interlaced mpeg2 vhsrip) of size 974k as well as the Enhancer processed version of 1501k.

Comment

It will not accept them until I make adjustments, I will let you know when.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Upload the smaller one first. If it works, make a new post and upload the second one. Let me know if it does not work.

Comment

I refined the sample to 304x224 pixels with 128kbytes source and 449kbytes Enhancer result.

This should assist the developer(s) with fast testing when a solution is near. But bear in mind
            the original problem was notified by carmaz1954 at the higher resolution 1080p -> 4K upscale.

Okay, as requested, attaching mp4 source clip...
            Attached Files

Comment

And, as requested, attaching mp4 Enhancer result clip...

The vertical top-to-bottom 'crease' line is faint, but annoyingly visible, at left of center.
              Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	202147-173914.png
Views:	453
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	393647
                Did you tick this option?

Comment

Hello Mona. Thanks for your question.

The answer is no, I did not tick that option.

But, I am not sure why you ask this 'Enlarger AI' question.
                  The pattern problem described does not occur with DVDFab 12.x.x.x Enlarger AI.

The problem occurs, at least for me, only with the separate stand-alone Enhancer AI (1.0.0.7) software.
                  The Settings menu within Enhancer AI does not present the option that you mention.

Just for completeness, I ran my Source_26_Frame.mp4 with cpu processing only (ie not involving any gpu).
                  I got the same problem result, so I assume the problem is not gpu related.

I suggest that the developer assigned to look at the problem, simply takes my source sample, and runs it
                  through Enhancer AI to produce a processed result. If that processed result shows the problem described,
                  then the problem has been duplicated, and can be worked on to find a fix.

(I think there are a fair number of members who are patiently waiting for a solution).

Comment

My computer is using 100% of the GPU ,1080GPU , and 80% of the CPU, both running hot, this Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Enhancer.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	393691 process will take over an hour.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Let's face it. This is not being fixed. It's been 6 months now.
                      An expensive program just sitting there. What a disappointment.

Comment

Totally agree with you DeLorean. Disappointing. DVDFab-Team please take note.

(I note that the developers have since added to the Enhancer AI Settings menu
                        the new option 'Use more GPU power to remove video blocks'. But this does
                        not address the 'pattern problem' which appears unrelated to the GPU used.)

Why has there been no apparent progress?
                        Is it perhaps a very complex problem?

Some sort of feedback/update to us *very* patient users would be very welcome.

Comment

From dev:

Sorry for the problem, and the setting des means, if selected will use some gpu to remove the 'pattern problem' will slow the ai process. If the released algorithm does not fix the problem, we will release new trained AI model to avoid this at the end of this month.

Comment

Developer - Thank you for the welcome feedback.

1. New Settings option 'More GPU power' does NOT help.

2. Nobody requests a new trained AI model. We simply request a fix. Why so difficult?

3. IMPORTANT :
                            i) Pattern problem exists with 'For Movie Video' using CPU only or using GPU processing.
                            ii) Pattern problem does NOT exist with 'For Home Video'.

4. 'For Movie Video' profile is GOOD. It alone makes Enhancer AI interesting.
                            PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE IT.

Comment

Working...
                            X