Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this normal performance for my stestem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Enlarger AI for Ripper Is this normal performance for my stestem?

System:
    CPU - I7 950
    GPU - 1070TI
    DVDFAB - 12.0.1.8

I have started playing with Enlarger AI for my rips. I have selected to use the graphics card in the settings and I make sure it is selected when it asks at the beginning of a rip. Once it settles in, it says that the rip/conversion is going to take about 50 hours for a 1 hour episode. During the rip, the GPU averages about 7% while the CPU stays at about 100% utilization. I would have thought that using the GPU for the conversion would put the GPU up around 100%, not the CPU. Is this normal behavior/performance?

Probably not normal, please attach the fabcheck log and a recent log session from the DVDFab internal log. It is normal for AI to be slower than a standard rip but this is extreme and does not appear to be using the gpu.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You will find the requested logs attached.
      I also submitted the logs via the feedback function. ID - 36415
      Attached Files

Comment

That is great, thanks.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So... do you have a solution for me?

Comment

The AI developers will check your logs and try to duplicate the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanConnery View Post
              System:
              CPU - I7 950
              GPU - 1070TI
              DVDFAB - 12.0.1.8

I have started playing with Enlarger AI for my rips. I have selected to use the graphics card in the settings and I make sure it is selected when it asks at the beginning of a rip. Once it settles in, it says that the rip/conversion is going to take about 50 hours for a 1 hour episode. During the rip, the GPU averages about 7% while the CPU stays at about 100% utilization. I would have thought that using the GPU for the conversion would put the GPU up around 100%, not the CPU. Is this normal behavior/performance?
              You and I seem to be having the same problem. I've tried using the Enlarger AI to up convert a 2 hour movie from 720 to 1080. When I start I'm told it will take approximately 67 hours to complete. I killed the conversion after about 20+ hours. I needed my PC and it was taking way too long. Makes no sense to me. Here's my stats:

CPU i5 (10th Gen.) 2.50 GHz
              16MB Ram
              Intel UHD Graphics
              NVIDIA Gforce GTX 1650 Ti
              DVDFab 12.0.2.9

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin51 View Post

You and I seem to be having the same problem. I've tried using the Enlarger AI to up convert a 2 hour movie from 720 to 1080. When I start I'm told it will take approximately 67 hours to complete. I killed the conversion after about 20+ hours. I needed my PC and it was taking way too long. Makes no sense to me. Here's my stats:

16MB Ram
                Intel UHD Graphics
                DVDFab 12.0.2.9
                Please attach the below log files:
                dvdfab_ai.log
                libimg.log
                dvdfab_core.log
                dvdfab_internal.log
                fabcheck_internal.log

Comment

Yes processing time is very long, using AI vers 1011, my processing time for a small MP4 home video 25 minutes in length with 480X854 resolution. I selected from DVDFAB options "home video" "same resolution" and "High Quality" and the conversion took 3 hours on an i9 PC with 32gb ram with NVidia RTX 3080 (and the program said it supports this card) .

Comment

Much smaller file than I was working with. Mine was about 1.2GB. Conversion time was totally unacceptable.

Comment

Well, just tried again to use the Enlarger AI to convert a 2.46GB,1280x720 MP4 video to 1080p after having done some upgrading of my system. My current configurations is as follows:

32MB Ram
                      Intel UHD Graphics
                      DVDFab 12.0.5.7

Enlarger AI says the conversion will take upwards of 77 hours to complete. 77 hours? Are you kidding? I cancelled the operation. No way am I doing without my PC for 3+ days.

I've attached all my current logs except the dvdfab_ai.log which doesn't seem to exist.

Attached Files

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I rarely used Enlarger AI so I just wanted to add my recent experience.

I have Avatar Extended Collectors Edition bluray. They don't have a 4K release. I had ripped it to my hard drive using MakeMKV to get the video only, along with the english audio tracks and subtitles (including forced). The result is a single MKV, 37.2GB in size, containing 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, and 1 set of 43 chapters.

When I first did an encoding, I selected "Copy Audio' Best quality, etc. Unfortunately I didn't realize I left "render subs into video" checked and started it. The initial estimate was 30hrs, but it took nearly 50 hours.

Last night I restarted, making sure to select each audio track, and for the Subs, to remux into file. It initially started with an estimate of 27 hours and was showing 2.5fps. Its been running now for 15 hours, now shows 1.9 fps, and time left is 19 hours 10 min. Obviously that means closer to 34 hrs if it continues at this rate.

My system is
                        I9-10900K (10th gen 3.7GHZ)
                        32gig ram
                        EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 XC GAMING(12G-P5-3657-KR, 12GB GDDR6)
                        DVDFab 12.0.8.4
                        Source hard drive is a WD Blue 4TB
                        Target hard drive is a WD Black 4TB

I know the posts in this thread are for older versions of DVDFab/Enlarger AI. But I don't know how the different Nvidia cards/chips impact the speeds.

Like I assume different generation cards (GTX10x0 vs GTX16x0 vs RTX20x0 vs RTX30x0) will see speed increases on the newer cards, but not sure how much. And my understanding on NVENC (if that is being used) is that the encoder chip on the card matters, so cards using the same generation encoders might not see much speed difference among themselves (so using NVENC the GTX 1650Super, 1660, RTX30x0 cards use the same encoder so perform about the same), but will be faster than the previous generation card/chip (1650non-super uses previous gen encoder chip).

So I'd like to see more results from others to verify this and how DVDFab is impacted. In other words, will using an RTX3090 give faster encoding speeds than an RTX3060? or will they be about the same.

Comment

Don't have 3090, my experience with latest version of app on 3.6gh i9 and RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6 is that >24 hours conversion is normal and for old VHS tapes only a very small improvement in image quality.

Comment

Working...
                          X