Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Video Enhancer Sharpening does not work

Hi!
    I am new here and first I have to say that I'm from Poland and I'm not good in english language. So if I make any spelling mistakes please forgive me.

First of all, I must say that I am really amazed by this program. Until now, I have used the sharpen option in programs that were simply created to edit videos, and you know this is not a good option. In this program, it amazes me how it can bring out details from blurry pixels.

But I did notice a problem. I wanted to sharpen a certain video and the preview absolutely amazes me because this program brings out amazing detail. The problem is that after rendering the movie, the movie is simply scaled up, but its quality does not change in the slightest, it does not resemble what I saw in the preview. I tested various save options - MP4.H264, MP4.H265, MKV.H264, MKV.H265 and nothing changed. I also checked this option on other movies and it also didn't work.
    The important thing is that I checked other options like "Home video", "Cinema video" and "Video on the web" and after rendering the movie was scaled and corrected by the program. So I came to the conclusion that the sharpening function just isn't working and I decided to write about it here. Perhaps other users have this problem too, or perhaps only me. I must also add that I have the latest version of this program installed.

I am waiting for some reply and best regards!

Hi Kovu, thanks for your feedback. Your English is clear and easy to understand, so np. The AI Engine developers will try to duplicate the symptoms you report.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes same issue, the preview shows sharpening, but not the output file

Comment

Don't get me wrong yoyo57, but to tell you the truth, I'm glad you had this problem too. Thanks to this, I just know that the problem is not on my side, it's just a flaw of the program.

Thanks you Signals for your opinion about my English! I still have a question, will this problem be fixed or is there anything already known about it? I saw that an update for this program has recently come out, but this problem persists.

Comment

We confirmed that it's a bug, will fix it in the future version. Thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            We confirmed that it's a bug, will fix it in the future version. Thank you for the feedback.
            Thank you for your response! I am glad that the team of this software pays attention to the opinions of users.
            I saw that there was a new update. There was a note that the sharpening has been fixed, but after installing the update, the bug still shows up. I uninstalled and installed the program again, but it didn't change anything. I do not know if this is the case with everyone, but I found that it is better to write about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kovu View Post

I saw that there was a new update. There was a note that the sharpening has been fixed, but after installing the update, the bug still shows up. I uninstalled and installed the program again, but it didn't change anything. I do not know if this is the case with everyone, but I found that it is better to write about it here.
              Please post all the log files, we will check again, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please post all the log files, we will check again, thank you.
                Of course, please just let me know how I can do it, because I can't attach a compressed .rar file here, and if I want to attach files separately, I can't do it with all of them.

I noticed one more interesting thing and decided that it is worth mentioning - When I preview options such as "Cinema video" or "home video", the preview is in the resolution of the output file, for example fullHD 1080p (When preview is set to 100%), even, if the original file was 240p. With the sharpen option the preview still shows the movie in its original size instead of the output file size.

I don't know if it will help in any way, but I decided to write about it.

Comment

please just let me know how I can do it, because I can't attach a compressed .rar file here, and if I want to attach files separately, I can't do it with all of them.
                  Please send the log file to my email. Thanks.

Comment

I send it to you, thank you.

Comment

Thank you Kovu. Yes I hope next version significantly improves the output Video Enhancer AI. At the moment the outputs do not match the promotional videos used to advertise the product. But I am sure DVDFAB will get it right soon.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo57 View Post
                        Thank you Kovu. Yes I hope next version significantly improves the output Video Enhancer AI. At the moment the outputs do not match the promotional videos used to advertise the product. But I am sure DVDFAB will get it right soon.
                        But you have to admit that options such as "Cinema Video" and "Home Video" work very well. Really, I was able to get amazing detail from the video in a lower quality. The only problem is that some movies require the most extreme option, which is sharpening. And it, unfortunately, just doesn't work for now. However, I am personally very satisfied with the other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Kovu
                          Only now did I notice that sharpening does not have "Scaling" in its description, so I guess is not meant for that. After saving the file in its original size, the output movie is different from the original movie, but still not what is shown in the preview. Is it possible for there to be an option to sharpen with scaling in the future? Or maybe this option should work like that, but I don't know about it. Hope the log files I posted earlier help at least a little.
                          Sorry for the post under the post, but I just installed the update and sharpening without resizing the output video works perfectly fine. I hope there will be an option with scaling someday.
                          I really like the effect this program gives.

Comment

Working...
                          X