Failed to Connect to the internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Failed to Connect to the internet

I keep getting a failed to connect to the internet error with the new DVDFAB for Mac Preview and then it quits. I have put my mac in the DMV of my router to see if it was my router blocking it as it is the only active firewall I have in my internet path. That did not make any difference. All other apps that connect to the internet are able to connect with no problem. My OS is OSX 10.7.2. I have uninstalled with my Cleanmymac app and reinstalled the preview with the same results.

I've got this issue as well.

Internet connection is fine for everything else (including running DVD fab under Windows 7).

Comment

Hi there,
      Please check the firewall settings in your mac System Preferences-> Security->Firewall.
      It's off here with no connect issue.
      Wish you success.

Comment

Good thought - but I'm not running a firewall on the Mac.

Retried just now and it seems to work, the only thing I have done in between this attempt and previous attempts is reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
          Hi there,
          Please check the firewall settings in your mac System Preferences-> Security->Firewall.
          It's off here with no connect issue.
          Wish you success.
          It is off and has never been on.

Comment

Originally posted by atcdv View Post
            Good thought - but I'm not running a firewall on the Mac.

Retried just now and it seems to work, the only thing I have done in between this attempt and previous attempts is reboot.
            Hey that was my problem too I rebooted yesterday for some other reason and just now tried DVDFAB again and it worked.

Comment

Get it and we'll check it.
              Thanks for your support!

Comment

This happened to me this AM. It looks like the whole dvdfab domain was unavailable...I could not get to dvdfab.com or the forums to post.

I rebooted, but other internet access was fine. DVDfab seemed to have an issue. Of course, since I am posting this, it seems better now.

Comment

This happens occasionally when the server farm has a problem. It usually is corrected in a few minutes.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Same thing is happening to me. I've restarted twice, and installed it twice. I still cant get it to open. I just keep getting this error.

Is there a link to an older version that I can try?

Comment

Hi loot24,
                      Please delete the DVDFab folder in /Users/user/Documents, then install DVDfab preview 3 and try it again.

Comment

Registration Problem

I have the same problem as the above poster. When I try and access the registration, is asks for my name and password instead of the key. Then I get the can't connect to the internet. I used the delete DVD Fab folder in users file and that worked to get the app to load but after that it continued to quit when I acknowledge that I get the message.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                        X