No announcement yet.

Scanning the DVD until 2013....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy Scanning the DVD until 2013....

Hi there,

i installed the newest preview, it starts fine, but DVDfab is scanning the medium inserted...and scanning....and scanning....and scanning...

No sucess opening any DVD i bought in the last weeks. Seems to be a huge bug.

Waiting for the next release...

HacMac

Are you using the update that was posted today (Nov.12)?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by HacMac View Post
      Hi there,

i installed the newest preview, it starts fine, but DVDfab is scanning the medium inserted...and scanning....and scanning....and scanning...

No sucess opening any DVD i bought in the last weeks. Seems to be a huge bug.

Waiting for the next release...
      I am having exactly the same problem. This has happened with both a download from Nov. 11th (Preview 2) and a download from Nov. 13th (Preview 3). I can't do any testing of DVDFab for Mac if I can't get it to open. I have a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard.

Comment

Same configuration here!

I deinstalled DVDfab with any .plist and reinstalled the Preview3. Now it opens the DVD if DVDPlayer is not running!

Waiting for more...

Comment

This sometime happens with PathPlayer. Most of my disks scan and are useable. However, every once in a while, the disk just scans forever. Kill DVDfab. Eject the disc. Start DVDfab. Go into the options and find PathPlayer. Disable it. Quit DVDfab, re-insert the disk and then start DVDfab again.

This jsut happened to me with "Hotel for Dogs".

Just do not forget to re-enable PathPlayer when you are finished.

Comment

Same Problem

I have an early Mac Pro running snow leopard and no matter which disc I try it won't recognize them... it just sits there opening disc for ever... I plug the same external usb blu-ray drive and try the same blu-ray disc on my laptop and it scans the disc and is ready to roll with no problems (though it quit 1/3 through my attempt at a 3d -> mp4 conversion, but that is another story).

My laptop unfortunately doesn't have the horsepower (13 hours estimated for converting the 3d blu-ray) so isn't a viable solution.

Comment

Working...
            X