Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get DVDfab for Mac to open anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get DVDfab for Mac to open anything.

The only reason I have Windows on my Mac is to use DVDFab, which I have been using for several years now. I few months ago I upgraded to the Blu-ray copy, which works very well on Windows.

Yesterday I downloaded DVDfab for Mac, because DVDFab keep emailing me stating 40% the Mac version if you order by the 20th November.
    It allowed me to scan in a Blu-ray to the hard drive, but then you can’t import it. You click on the yellow folder tab in “source” You then find the Blu-ray folder on the hard drive. Once you click okay, you get the blue box with the time line moving from left to right, and it never opens the folder no matter how long you leave it. I have tried opening the same Blu ray folder created by the Mac version of DVDfab with the PC version (v8.1.3.2) and it opens straight away.

Moved your post to its own thread. Don't hijack others' threads.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Sherwood,

Got exactly the same problem...

This happened in Preview 2. So I mailed the developer to inform him about the problem.
      Got a reply where they said that they were well aware of the problem...

So I hoped that Preview 3 would solve the problem... IT DID NOT !!!

You already have the software for PC and Parallels ? Stick to that solution... It works very well : if I turn on the multi-CPU option in Parallels, I can convert a BRD50 to a BRD25 in 90 minutes, which is impressive !

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by sherwood1948 View Post
        The only reason I have Windows on my Mac is to use DVDFab, which I have been using for several years now. I few months ago I upgraded to the Blu-ray copy, which works very well on Windows.

Yesterday I downloaded DVDfab for Mac, because DVDFab keep emailing me stating 40% the Mac version if you order by the 20th November.
        It allowed me to scan in a Blu-ray to the hard drive, but then you can’t import it. You click on the yellow folder tab in “source” You then find the Blu-ray folder on the hard drive. Once you click okay, you get the blue box with the time line moving from left to right, and it never opens the folder no matter how long you leave it. I have tried opening the same Blu ray folder created by the Mac version of DVDfab with the PC version (v8.1.3.2) and it opens straight away.

Hi sherwood,

Wish I had been aware of the Nov 20th deadline..... grrrrr..... because I popped $250 (with discount) and am experiencing the same thing with the first release of the Mac all-in-one version. I can't seem to open ALMOST anything. Much of my personal collection is setting on a dozen terror-byte drives waiting for conversion to a usable format and none will open in the latest Mac release. Nor are any Mac disk images (iso, dmg, img) recognized. And what really cleans my clock is that if I burn an image or dvd folder back to disk that is not recognized either.

Some of the original dvds do rip a treat and the rips are as fast and as excellent a quality as all my PC buds have bragged about (the avi - xvids rips anyways, the AppleTV rips just don't work at all). Hoping the good folk here can get this 'open bug' fixed because I really wanna play with this baby...

Comment

Hi sloassmoke,
          Thanks for your support! In order to help you with the open disc issue, more info are needed.
          1. Which version of DVDFab are you using? Is it the latest release 8136 for mac?
          2. Which ROM drive are you using? Please post the detial info.

Comment

Hi BluRayPenguin

I can’t convert a BRD50 to a BRD25 in 90mins (more like 5 hrs). I have the first 27” iMac with a 3.2 GHz intel Core i3 with 8Gb of DDR3 ram. I am running Windows XP with Parallels 6. Could it be XP that is slowing it down? I have turned on the multi-CPU option but it runs at the same speed.
            Could you please let me know what Mac you have, and what version of Windows and Parallels you use? Thanks.

Comment

Hi sherwood1948,
              Please backup the disc to hd and then convert it to bd25. It's may be faster.
              Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Hi
                This is the way I always do it to save wear and tear on my BDR burner.
                Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X