X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Testing all features in DVDFab for Mac

Hi everyone,

As I am really interested in this product, but as I encounter some problems whilst using it, I decided to begin a thread testing each and every feature that is offered to see what works and what doesn't.
    I guess we're all hoping for a fully featured, but more important, fully functional product when this is released, so this might help the developer + it might avoid people getting mad at this because something won't work !

The hardware used to do these tests is following :
    - latest iMac QuadCore i5 - 2.5ghz
    - MacOs X 10.7.2 installed and minimum other software running/installed
    - SuperDrive (internal) and LG BR Reader/Writer (1038S) enclosed in LaCie FireWire case
    - 500Gb internal hard drive with about 400Gb of free space
    - 16Gb of RAM
    - 2Tb of external disk storage with about 1.8Tb free space

So, except the 16Gb RAM (and the external storage) I guess this is more or less a "typical" recent Mac running here.

The software used is DVDFab for Mac Review 3 released on 12th of november.

I'll use recent BRD and DVD like Pirates of Carribean and Harry Potter 7/2 form y testing purposes as those often rise up problems...

Hope you'll find this interesting and helpful !

Regards.

BluRay Penguin

(I've posted this in "Others" as it is not related to a specific feature, but will copy in the according topics).

So, the testing is beginning...

First thing I would like to comment is the GUI.

It's not ugly, but not pretty either. And, if I must say it, I am not really convinced that this GUI is really Mac friendly...

It smells PCish... and guess what ? That's what it is ! It is the exact replication of the PC version of DVDFab.

But of course, this is only a matter of taste, so others might of course disagree.

More important : is this interface ergonomic ?

First thing you need to know when you launch DVDFab for Mac is that you'll be introduced to a splash screen that lists all the "modules" available and tells, for each of them, if it is registered and, if it is not, if it has been used, and it it has been used and not registered, when the demo period will expire.

At first, I thought I have to click on the desired module to launch it. Nope... You have to click on launch DVDFab.

Not really messy because there's a tick box you can activate to skip this splash screen... and my advice is to do so. If you do, you can always recall the splash screen by selecting "About DVDFab" in the Apple Menu (far top/left of your display).

Once launched, you're introduced to an single window where you can access each module that is accessible (one thing I do not know is if that module will still be visible if it is not registered and the demo period has expired).
    This window, even though not really Mac friendly, is rather ergonomic : you click on the main function you're interested in... and something like a drop-down menu appears, listing the features of the selected module. You then click on the feature you're interested in and the right window display all the options of that feature.

As a conclusion for this first thing :
    - ergonomic once you've been taken to the main window (passed the splash screen)
    - not really Mac friendly... but OK.

Next thing will be the DVD features.

I'll keep you informed... it might take a little while.

Comment

You can do this in one post if you stick to facts and not opinions. The first official full version of DVDFab for Mac will be out very soon, I suggest you wait for that rather than spend time and space reviewing a preview version. If you find a problem with the preview version, post that with enough information to help the developers run it down.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK,

I'll stop...
        And stick to the PC version running with parallels.

Regards.

BlurayPenguin

Comment

Working...
        X