Mac versions won't open Blu-ray copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy Mac versions won't open Blu-ray copy

I would like to try the Mac versions of your Blu-rau copy program, however, when I click to open the trial version nothing opens up. The only option that I see is to force quit. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, does the blu-ray copy program also contain the ripper?

Blu-ray Copy and Ripper are not the same, you can purchase one or both. Please post in the Mac forum. I will move this thread there.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for moving the thread.

Per the Blu-Ray Copy webpage:

"Blu-ray Copy for Mac can remove all known AACS copy protections including the newest MKB v26 and bus encryption, all known BD+ copy protections up to 10th generation BD+, Region Code, BD-Live, and UOPs, thus can copy any Blu-ray onto your Mac, or any blank Blu-ray disc with very fast speed."

Isn't that also the same as ripping it so that you can make the copy?

I already have Other Blu-Ray program. I was thinking of getting the copy version of DVDFab (verses just the ripper version) so that I could do everything in one program and not have to open up a second program (like Other program) to make the backup copy.

I basically just want to back everything up. Would I be better off just getting the ripper and then using Other for re-recording it to a blank disc?
      Last edited by CBR929; 12-11-2011, 01:40 AM. Reason: Forum Rules

Comment

Hi AngelArs
        I have edited your post please do not mention other programs by name, this is a DVD Fab forum.

The terminology is a little confusing.

Blu-Ray copy will back up, rip, what ever you want to call it to a folder on your HDD, compress, and also give you the ability to burn to disc also.

Blu-Ray ripper will allow you to convert your movies to a different file formats to play on various devices, no burning to disc.

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the clarification CBR929.

A couple quick questions...

I have many hard drives. I'm assuming that I can post my copy to any of them, correct?

Also, once I copy it to the hard drive, I can (at a later date) move it to a disc, correct? Or do I have to burn it at the time of the rip?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelArs View Post
            Thanks for the clarification CBR929.

A couple quick questions...

I have many hard drives. I'm assuming that I can post my copy to any of them, correct? Yes.

Also, once I copy it to the hard drive, I can (at a later date) move it to a disc, correct? Yes.

Or do I have to burn it at the time of the rip?NO.

Thanks.

Comment

Well I just paid for the full version and it is reacting the same way - won't open. It just says "Application won't respond".

Is there a permissions file that I can delete, or some other way to fix this?

Comment

Hi AngelArs,
                Please un-install DVDfab and delete DVDFab folder at /Users/user/Document/DVDFab. Then install DVDFab 8138 for mac.

Comment

That did not work, however, I trashed the preferences file and now it starts up. The only problem I'm having with it now is that it doesn't see the Blu-ray drive....

Comment

Do not launch DVDfab and insert a BD disc to the drive. Check whether mac os can recognize it or not and feedback. What's more, post the info about your BD-ROM. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
                      Do not launch DVDfab and insert a BD disc to the drive. Check whether mac os can recognize it or not and feedback.
                      Yes it sees it.

post the info about your BD-ROM.
                      I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not. Tomorrow I will be switching it from Firewire to SATA:

HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH12LS39:

Firmware Revision: 1.00
                      Interconnect: FireWire
                      Burn Support: Yes
                      Profile Path: None
                      Cache: 4096 KB
                      Reads DVD: Yes
                      CD-Write: -R, -RW
                      DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
                      BD-Write: -R, -RE
                      Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
                      Type: BD-ROM

THANKS for trying to help Terry

Comment

Hi AngelArs,
                        Please use external USB BD-ROM instead of Firewire. Then post the result.
                        Wish it helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X