Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License transfer from Windows to Mac, possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy License transfer from Windows to Mac, possible?

The transfer from Windows to Mac in my household is almost complete. I just have one PC left, my own personal machine, and it will be gone soon.

The only thing of value I have on the Windows machine is a registered (lifetime license) of DVDFab DVD Copy.

Is it possible to request that my license be transferred to the mac version and deactivate my windows version? Right now I'm just using the trial version of DVDFab for mac.

I did something similar last month with an Adobe software and Adobe did just that. I'm hoping DVDFab can extend the same courtesy. Otherwise it'll just be a waste of money for me to dump the fully paid-for windows version.

In the same boat

Yes...one PC left and a Mac coming in 6 months time. Any update re: transfer of win licence to Mac?
    On a personal note, I wish to buy the Blu-ray ripper now but with the Mac coming next summer, I'm loath to do it. This is a really annoying position to be in.
    The only thing I can think of is to keep with Windows and when I get the Mac, buy VM ware and run a virtual windows machine on the Mac. Any ideas is this is a good work around to the licence issue?

Comment

It has already been stated on the forum by Fab staff that a transfer of licences is not on the cards.

Please contact them directly.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I can confirm GregiBoy's post, they denied my request to transfer my license over. It's unfortunate as I will have no use for the windows version so I'll have to pay again to use the mac version. This is the first time I've come across this; three companies I've dealt with recently were more than happy to transfer a license over from windows version to mac (including Adobe which from past experience is not the easiest company to deal with), but not DVDFab.

Comment

I have not tried this (no Mac here) so I do not know for sure if it will work
          but try this:

Don't buy a Windows license, don't reboot and don't use a Virtual Machine. Try a free trial of CrossOver to run your Windows software on Mac, Linux and ChromeOS.

Basically, it lets you install a Windows program on a MAC .. if it works,
          then you are all set and would need to get a new version of DVDFAB with
          a MAC license code. As an aside, I think the developers of DVDFAB should
          allow you to change the license type, maybe for a small fee. They would then
          invalidate the other version license, so you could not run both types. But that is
          my opinion of what would be considered "good customer relations" .. perhaps
          they will come around eventually.

Comment

~~N O T I C E~~

Please don't continue this pointless discussion of the business practices related to the sales policy of DVDFab for Mac. If you have a problem with the way it is being handled, use this link, select "Business Issue" from the dropdown menu, and voice your opinion where it is more likely to have some impact. The forum is not the place for it. I will only point out here that the development and support costs for a new product like this are tremendous and to expect it to be completely free is unrealistic.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X