MKV rip pass through is super slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV rip pass through is super slow

When using [other software], ripping each title as an mkv proceeds briskly (at dvd read rate).

When using dvdfab, ripping to mkv with the pass through profile proceeds extremely slowly, slower than real time. I'm running it in a virtual machine on a mac. Disk write speed is reasonable and dvd read speed is as fast as native. So why is dvdfab so darn slow when it's not doing any re-encoding? I can verify the correct profile by clicking the preview tab, which shows a notice that no re-encoding = no preview.

This belongs in the Fab for Mac forum, I will move it..
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No it does not. I am using dvdfab for windows.

Comment

Figured it out: the profile options are PER TITLE, not per disc. So I was in fact re-encoding the video since mkv.remux is not selectable as the default profile. When I looked at the preview tab it just happened to be on the one title which I had properly set to use the mkv.remux profile.

So now my question is, why isn't the remux profile selectable as a default profile?

Also, can this be moved back to the ripper forum? It's not a mac question, I don't think the Mac version even has this capability.

Comment

Working...
        X