This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Conflicts Thanks for the terrible customer support DVDFab

Problem: Lifetime license that can not be transfered from Windows to Mac. I do not want to use my license on both platforms, just transfer to the Mac side.

Let me be 100% honest. I'm pissed. I've spent hundreds of dollar with DvdFab over the course of many years, DvdFab 3.x to be exact, and when you ask for a simple license transfer of software you have purchased for lifetime, there best response is, "sorry we can't do that". Give me a break, I've purchased "lifetime" usage of a piece of software that never stated anywhere when I purchased it, that it was to be used solely for one operating system or another. To bad I have lifetime "subscription and support" to software I'll never use now. And no, I dont want to go buy another $50 program, Parallels, just to run software I own that has a Mac available version.

So I'm here to voice my opinion about DVDFab. I accept that my license will never be transfered and that's fine. The company should clearly state to anyone who purchases a Windows or Mac version, they will never be able to transfer license between the two, even if they purchase "lifetime subscriptions". Listed below is the response I received from there great, technical support team, 5 days later. Thanks for nothing DVDFab.

Dear XXXXX,

1. The windows license can not be used in the Mac version. DVDFab Mac version is an unique program package with new activation way, the mac version has no downloaded license file.

To use the Mac version, please order license for Mac version at http://www.dvdfab.com/order.htm , there you can check out the price for different subscription as well. We offer a 25% discount on all our products currently.

2. If you do not want to order the Mac version, you can use the Parallels Desktop for Mac to run windows system within your Mac, then you can continue to use your windows license.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely yours,
    --
    Ashley Liu
    DVDFab Service Team

Official DVDFab Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dvdfab
    Official DVDFab Twitter account: http://twitter.com/DVDFabber
    Last edited by Spin Cykle; 02-14-2013, 02:00 PM.

You have had your say, this thread is closed. This forum is not for venting and rants, it is for heping users with problems using the software and answering questions. There is nothing anyone on the forum staff can do about issues like this, we are not employees.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X